- Arun Chaudhary
- Last Updated: 03 Jun 22
- 21 min read
Top Vonage Alternatives & Competitors for Unified Communication in 2022
- Arun Chaudhary
- Last Updated: 03 Jun 22
- 21 min read
When it comes to communication solutions, Vonage is probably the most well-known company.
However, Vonage is not the only feasible choice available. Before taking any long-term decisions or large investments, it is critical to investigate and comprehend all of your possibilities.
That is precisely what we will accomplish in this article. In this blog, we’ll analyze and contrast some of the top Vonage alternatives and competitors for unified communication to give you a clear vision of the best match for your company’s internal and external seamless communications needs.
We’ll go through the features, cost, and what kind of business each choice is best suited for.
How we selected the Vonage Alternatives & Competitors for unified communication?
Based on the criteria listed below, we have ranked the top Vonage alternatives for smooth business communication.
- Security: We looked at security and encryption technologies to safeguard your data.
- Easy to use: We looked at user reviews on each product’s simplicity and customer support because time is an important resource for small businesses.
- Call quality: We evaluated the call quality to ensure that the firms did not have call quality issues.
Here’s our final list of top Vonage alternatives and competitors in the market —and what they’re best for—based on these criteria.
- Krispcall: Easy to use best for both small and large firms
- Nextiva: Unified communication
- DialPad: An easy to use options
- Ooma: Best for small business
- 8×8: Unlimited International calling for up to 47 countries.
- Mitel: Best for both small and large organizations
- Grasshopper: Best for the solopreneur and small firms
- RingCentral: Advanced features
- GoogleVoice: Best for flexible international calling choices.
- Ringblaze: Easy to use
- GoToConnect: Multi-factor authentication
What is Vonage?
In the area of Voice-over-IP (VoIP) communication technology, Vonage is a well-known brand. They provide a wide range of enterprise products, such as communications APIs, unified communications, and contact center solutions.
Vonage has evolved significantly during the last decade and a half, and its concentration has switched from household VoIP to corporate communications.
With its communications APIs, high-quality unified communications solutions, and contact center products, Vonage has rebuilt itself for the modern day.
Features of Vonage
- Calls may be directed to multiple departments using Vonage’s Virtual Receptionist, an automatic attendant service.
- Companies can also provide call routing choices for their callers, enabling them to dial by extension or name.
- Vonage’s call monitoring capability is also configurable via the admin page. Supervisors can review call recordings of service representatives and sales representatives.
- Can guarantee message and data transfer to be smooth and timely.
- Vonage users may choose between three call monitoring modes: barge, whisper, and monitor.
Some Other features of Vonage are as follows :
- Unified communication
- High-quality voice
- Phone number verification
- Video and web conferencing
- Customizable call routing
Reason to switch to Vonage alternative
Although Vonage is a good business phone, things evolve and every person has a different choice. Below are a few reasons why you might switch to Vonage alternatives:
- Some features that are commonplace elsewhere need an upgrade.
- It can be a little complicated and perplexing to navigate.
- They only provide online chat help.
- Vonage is dependent on internet access, which might be an issue if your WiFi goes down.
- Call recording is only available on the advanced plan and is limited to 15 hours per month.
Everything has pros and downsides; you may choose another choice to overcome its flaws and restrictions.
So, let’s take a look at the table below for the best Vonage phone system alternative in the market.
Top Vonage Alternatives & Competitors For Unified Communication
We explored and tested the best Vonage alternatives. Before moving any further, let’s have a look at a comparison.
|Services||Call recording||International number||Pricing|
|Vonage||Only available at advanced plan||Available||Pricing starts at $19.99 per month per user|
|Krispcall||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $15 per month per user|
|Nextiva||Available||Not Available||Pricing starts at $21.95 per month per user|
|DialPad||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $15 per user per month|
|Ooma||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $19.95 per user per month|
|8×8||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $12 per user per month|
|Mitel||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $20.99 per user each month|
|Grasshopper||Not Available||US and Canada||Pricing starts at $29 per user each month|
|RingCentral||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $29.99 per user each month|
|GoogleVoice||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $10 per user each month|
|Ringblaze||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $15 per user each month|
|GoToConnect||Available||Available||Pricing starts at $19.95 per user each month|
Now, let’s take a peek at the Vonage alternative and competitors in detail.
1. Krispcall: Best Vonage Alternative For Unified Communication
KrispCall is a cloud-based communication tool that allows users to communicate electronically over an internet protocol. The service isn’t simply for VoIP calls, SMS, MMS, and voicemails may all be sent and received via a mobile and desktop app.
Businesses and startups may buy or transfer their phone number, whether it is local or international. Getting numbers is simple with KrispCall, and calling is safe and inexpensive.
Krispcall is a one-stop cloud phone solution that offers rich VoIP features at an affordable price tag.
Features of Krispcall
Krispcall has created apps for a variety of operating systems, including Android, iOS, and Web.
KrispCall allows you to buy numbers from over 100 countries in seconds, As well as 400 businesses also trust it throughout the world.
With KrispCall modern phone system, you may obtain international phone numbers that will allow you or your company to contact clients all over the world.
It offers an engaging, attractive, and user-friendly design, allowing non-technical people to easily learn how to use the product.
Some other features are as follows:
- Unified callbox,
- Shared number, phone trees(IVR),
- Group Ringing, Sequential calls,
- Call features include global calling, calls on hold, call transfer, call history, call filters, call recording, call monitoring.
This plan is suited for Small Businesses, Startups, and Freelancers, with a monthly payment of $15 per user and a user limit of 5.
With a monthly price of $40 per user and an unlimited number of users, this plan is suited for Mid-size Businesses Popular. (Standard plan)
This package is ideal for Large Enterprises that want Customized Solutions and an infinite number of users. (Enterprise )
Krispcall Vs Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between Krispcall and Vonage and how they are different
|Pricing||Price begins at $15 per user per month||Price begins at $19.99 per month per user|
|International number||100+international number||Limited|
Krispcall is Ideal for
Krispcall is an ideal modern virtual phone for both small and large enterprises, with a plethora of features that are appropriate for all levels of business types who need a seamless business as well as personal communication with loaded call features, also offers various fantastic services with no hidden costs and the highest level of excellence.
2. Nextiva: Best Vonage Alternative For Business Tools Integration
Nextiva is a well-known and well-executed communications firm that provides VoIP, SMS, chat, fax, and conference services.
Aside from these typical capabilities, Nextiva’s true differentiator is its integrations: It interacts with a wide range of tools, including G Suite, HubSpot, Salesforce, and Outlook, to help you optimize your process and increase efficiency.
Features of Nextiva
You may use Nextiva’s VoIP phone system to make long-distance international calls.
The Nextiva App is available for Mac, iOS, Android, and Windows. Your employees will be able to take business calls from any location as long as they have an internet-connected device.
You’ll be able to build channels for each department, have team video conferences, and exchange direct messages all from one platform.
Some of its features are as follows:
- International calling.
- Voice and video conferencing.
- Desktop apps.
- Mobile phone.
- Pricing begins at $21.95 per month per user.
- Pricing for the Professional plan begins at $25.95 per user per month.
- Pricing for enterprise plans begins at $35.95 per user per month, including additional perks such as call recording and voicemail transcription.
- Pricing for the Ultimate plan begins at $65.95 per user per month
Nextiva Vs Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between Nextiva and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||$21.95 per month per user||$19.99 per month per user|
|Toll-free minutes||Available||Requires additional fee|
|Unlimited SMS||Yes, besides the most basic plan,||Available|
Nextiva is ideal for
Though Nextiva costs a little more, it offers greater overall capability than Vonage. All Nextiva plans include a toll-free number and toll-free minutes, which Vonage exclusively offers as an add-on service.
3. DialPad: Best Vonage Alternative In Terms of Ease of Use
DialPad is a high-end communications service that employs innovative technology to help salespeople work more efficiently.
Dialpad has all of the capabilities you’d expect from a UCaaS, such as phone, video, SMS, conferencing, and so on. However, what distinguishes Dialpad from its competitors is its use of natural language processing (NLP) in its Voice Intelligence function.
Features of Dialpad
- Dialpad has a slew of fantastic features that companies and teams will appreciate.
- The software enables customers to make calls using a variety of carriers or WiFi, allowing them to interact with colleagues from anywhere in the globe.
- Dialpad has several helpful integrations, some of which might assist you in gaining insights from your audio interactions or text messages; this enables you to identify and resolve any issues affecting your business as soon as feasible.
- Dialpad provides organizations with the option to obtain a highly creative phone system at a low cost, allowing their workers to interact with one another and do their job more quickly.
Some other features of Dialpad are as follows:
- Concurrent ringing, call recording.
- Call Monitoring
- Recognition of IVR.
- Data Integration
- Voice Recognition
Pricing of DialPad
The pricing plan starts at $15 per user per month; however, you’ll need to pay $25 per user per month to access additional features. Given this, Dialpad is more costly than the majority of its competitors.
DialPad VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between DialPad and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||$15 per user per month||$19.99 per month per user|
|Call recording||All subscriptions include unlimited call recording.||Call recording is limited.|
|Switching device||Switch calls between devices with ease.||Switching calls across devices is a less natural operation.|
Dialpad is ideal for
DialPad is the most current business communications platform with better overall capacity; it has consolidated every kind of communication you rely on into a single app. Dialpad isn’t limited to a single device, so you won’t need to invest in Dialpad-specific gear upfront.
4. Ooma: Best Vonage Alternative For Small Business
Ooma is a strong, turnkey solution with an Apple-like feel; its hardware is intended to work particularly with the software and vice versa.
All calls made over Ooma’s platform are encrypted. If the person on the other end of the call also utilizes Ooma’s network, you’ll enjoy end-to-end encryption.
Ooma also claims that their small office VoIP solution can be installed in under 20 minutes. However, they provide an online collection of help documents meant to take you through the setup process if you run into any problems.
Features of Ooma
- Ooma Office’s enhanced call blocking allows you to block those annoying phone numbers or spammy numbers.
- It’s mobile and desktop apps let you work from anywhere with an internet connection.
- You may simply follow up on any missed calls and keep a record of what the individual intended to discuss.
Some other features of Ooma are as follows:
- Video conferencing
- Virtual receptionist.
- Call recording
Pricing of Ooma
This plan’s pricing begins at $19.95 per month per user.
Ooma Office Pro pricing starts at $24.95 a month per user and includes all basic functions and advanced tools such as video conferencing, advanced call blocking, and call recording.
Ooma VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between Ooma and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||price begins at $19.95 per month, per user.||$19.99 per month per user|
|Enhanced VoIP Features||Voicemail transcription, call recording, call queues, hot desking, call barge, and call whisper||Call recording, call groups, and visual voicemail|
|Installation & Setup||Less than 20 minutes||Less than 10 minutes|
Ooma is ideal for
Both Ooma and Vonage have basic calling options that are required for a small business phone system. It outperforms Vonage by providing a complete entry-level package with a toll-free number and 500 inbound toll-free minutes.
5. 8×8: Best Vonage Alternative For Unlimited International Calling
8×8 is a business phone system that includes video conferencing, texting, and audio phone conversations.
Companies such as McDonald’s, Regus, and Remax use the 8×8 communications platform. Connections for their chat, call, and video tools are created via the cloud, so you won’t require 8×8 personnel to come to your workplace to set up a new phone system, and everything is set up remotely.
Features of 8×8
- 8×8 allows you to translate audio communications into text, allowing you to readily identify and refer to what someone said.
- To put somebody on wait, use the call parking option. When another team member is available, they can take the call.
- You can see the quality of your calls, how many chats your team is having, and how many calls you’ve missed.
Some other features of 8×8
- Voice calling to 14 countries is unlimited.
- Conferencing using video and audio.
- SMS, MMS, and Team Chat are all options.
- Integrations for small and large businesses, as well as fax.
Pricing of 8×8
This plan’s pricing begins at $12 each month.
You will enjoy unlimited voice calls to 14 countries as well as team chat. This plan’s pricing begins at $24 per seat each month.
Strategy for analytics Prices begins at $44 per seat each month.
8×8 VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between 8×8 and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||pricing begins at $12 each month||$19.99 per month per user|
|Best For||Internationally oriented businesses||Businesses seeking a unified cross-platform experience|
|Main features||International dialing, in-depth analytics, and massive gatherings||A dependable mobile app, a large integration gallery, and precise voicemail transcription|
8×8 is ideal for
As you can see, 8×8 and Vonage are both top-tier carriers with distinct advantages. However, due to its broad reach, 8×8 is a better alternative for worldwide enterprises than Vonage.
6. Mitel: Best Vonage Alternative For Security and Privacy
Mitel is a communications platform with a distinct focus on cybersecurity. Mitel is the only platform that incorporates a VPN (Virtual Private Network) so that all users may protect their conversations and access the web privately.
Read Also: Top VPN for VoIP Services in 2022
Its solutions are all built on the Google Cloud architecture, so you can anticipate a solid and dependable platform when you join up with them.
Features of Mitel
- Contact import from CSV, as well as Google and Microsoft 365 synchronizing
- A comprehensive list of CRM interfaces is provided.
- It may be utilized without any hardware by using its softphone software, which is advantageous for small enterprises on a budget.
- It comes with a VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Some other features of Mitel are as follows:
- IP Phones from the 400 Series (ShoreTel Sky).
- Phone Sign in and out.
- International Greetings.
- Conferencing on the go.
- Listings for 411 Directory Assistance.
- Group Features.
- Pricing of Mitel
Mitel offers a basic plan which begins at $20.99 per user per month. This covers telephone as well as collaboration and conference features.
The Premier plan, which costs $26.59 per user each month, includes customer relationship management (CRM) integration and call recording.
Mitel VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between Mitel and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||Pricing starts at $20.99 per month per user||Pricing starts at $19.99 per month per user|
|Call recording||Available||Only available at advance plan|
Mitel is ideal for
If you require a business phone system with international calling and a business communication solution package tailored to small businesses, sign up with Mitel.
7. Grasshopper: Best Vonage Alternative For Solopreneurs & Small Firms
Grasshopper provides the communication tools your company requires to thrive.
This business phone service assures that your small business will appear and sound professional by providing a large pool of 800 numbers.
It’s a good solution for extremely small enterprises that don’t need complex capabilities and want to be locked into a contract.
Features of Grasshopper
- In just a few simple steps, anybody can get started with Grasshopper.
- It provides 99.999 percent uptime, 24/7 assistance, and a toll-free sales hotline.
- By chance, if you miss a call from a customer, Grasshopper will send an SMS message to notify them that you are unavailable.
- Reaching out with an automated message eliminates the risk of losing potential customers.
Other features of Grasshopper are as follows
- Automated greetings
- Call forwarding
- Instant response feature.
- Blocking of numbers.
Pricing for a solo plan begins at $29 per user per month
Similarly, the Partner plan costs $49 per user month.
The Small Business plan begins at $89 per user per month.
Grasshopper VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between Grasshopper and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||Pricing starts at $29 per user per month||Pricing starts at $19.99 per user per month|
|Call recording||Not available||Available at advance plan|
|Best for||Small organization||Small organization|
Grasshopper is ideal for
Sign up with Grasshopper if you want a business phone system with call forwarding and recording, as well as a business communication solution package targeted at small enterprises.
8. RingCentral: Best Vonage Alternative For Advanced Features Set
RingCentral is a major unified communication as service platform famous for its extensive feature set.
RingCentral interfaces with various other services, like Slack, Zapier, Zendesk, Salesforce, and others, making it simple to link all of your business apps in a single frame.
Features of RingCentral
- RingCentral provides more detailed analytics, such as problem warnings and key performance indicators (KPIs), and the quality of service reports.
- It features a mobile app that can be accessed through an iOS or Android smartphone.
- To make your workflow more effective, RingCentral has an app gallery with external apps that you may connect to its platforms, such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Okta, and Slack.
Some other features of RingCentral are as follows:
- Incoming and outbound girl.
- Voicemail and fax.
- Video conferencing.
- Unlimited business SMS.
- 24/7 support
The Essentials plan begins at $29.99 per user, per month, for up to 20 users and 100 toll-free minutes.
Eventually, the standard price starts at $34.99 per user, per month, with no user restriction and 1,000 toll-free minutes.
Premium pricing begins at $44.99 per user, per month, with no user restriction and 2,500 toll-free minutes.
The Ultimate plan begins at $59.99 per user, per month, with no user restriction and 10,000 toll-free minutes. Unlimited storage, device status reports, and notifications are all included.
RingCentral VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between RingCentral and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||Plan starts at $29.99 per user per month||Plan starts at $19.99 per user per month|
|Call recording||Available||Available at advance plan|
RingCentral is ideal for
RingCentral is the finest alternative for small and large organizations because of its broad capabilities and numerous integrations.
9. Google Voice: Best Vonage Alternative In Terms of Flexibility
Unlike other VoIP companies, Google Voice gives a free local phone number that allows you to split your business line from your personal one. Google Voice has a free version that includes basic calling, messaging, and voicemail functions.
Users may subscribe to its subscription plans, which are more reasonable and include features such as video calling and multi-level auto-attendant.
Features of Google Voice
- Its international calling rates per minute are lower.
- Paid plans provide a comprehensive feature set at a modest cost.
- Google Voice’s basic subscription allows you to use its platform via a web browser.
- Voicemail transcripts may be read in your mailbox and searched much like emails.
Some other features of Google Voice are as follows
- Free virtual phone calls.
- Simple to use.
- Can block unwanted calls.
Google Voice Pricing
The starter plan starts at $10 per user per month for up to ten users, including voicemail transcription, call forwarding, and Google Meet and Calendar integration.
The standard plan starts at $20/month per user for desk phone assistance, multi-level auto-attendant, and ring groups.
Lastly, premier pricing starts at $30/month per user for BigQuery advanced reporting and unlimited foreign locations.
Google Voice VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between Google Voice and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||Pricing begins at $10 per user per month.||Pricing begins at $19.99 per user per month.|
|Call recording||Available||Available at advance plan|
Google Voice is ideal for
Google Voice is a low-cost, easy-to-use business phone service that businesses of all sizes may add and use its extensive features.
10. Ringblaze: Best Vonage Alternative In Terms of Ease of Use
Ringblaze is a powerful business phone service with increased functionality, simplicity of use, and affordable cost. It is suitable for small enterprises with a worldwide clients; it allows you to run your business anywhere because it does not need businesses to select a location.
Features of Ringblaze
- Setup is super fast, with Ringblaze allowing you to receive your first call within 15 minutes of activation.
- There is no need for any extra mobile or desktop apps.
- Each call can have a leader or “owner,” providing clear duties and ensuring their message is communicated clearly and efficiently.
Some other features of Ringblaze are as follows:
- Collaboration dashboard.
- Call Recording.
- International Calls.
- Call History.
The cost is straightforward, with a monthly fee of $15 per user (billed annually); the subscription provides you with unlimited calls to the United States and Canada, a free local number, and many more additional features.
RingBlaze VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between RingBlaze and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||There is just one plan that starts at $15 per user each month.||Plan starts at $19.99 per user per month|
|Call recording||Available||Available at advanced plan only|
Ringblaze is ideal for
When compared to Vonage, RingBlaze is more cost-effective. When it comes to functionality or affordability, RingBlaze is the way to go.
11. GoToConnect: Best Vonage Alternative In Terms of Call Quality
GoToConnect maintains its strong video-conferencing legacy by including HD calling with every license, ensuring that all of your communications are of the highest quality. It’s another name that may be familiar to you because of its advertising in the mid-2000s.
Features of GoToConnect
- It’s as simple as ordering brunch to get your system up and running. In a visual editor, you can quickly customize all of your call routings.
- GoToConnect may be used wherever you are. To stay connected, simply switch between your desk phone, desktop app, and our mobile app.
- It consolidates your communication capabilities into a single application by including HD video conferencing with every license
Other features of GoToConnect are as follows:
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Unified communication.
- Call forwarding
- Virtual fax.
Pricing begins at an average of $19.95 per user per month if you have at least 50 users.
If you have less than 50 users, you’ll need to pay $29.99 per user each month for the same feature set.
GoToConnect VS Vonage
Let’s have a look at a comparison between GoToConnect and Vonage and how they different
|Pricing||Pricing starts at $19.95 per user each month||Pricing starts at $19.99 per user each month|
GoToConnect is ideal for
Overall, GoToConnect is a good choice if you have a large team. It does not break the concept, but it does offer high-quality communications at a fair cost.
Final Verdict: And the best Vonage alternative is…
Finally, analyze your individual use case, and which aspects of a VoIP service will most influence it. There are many services to pick from, so why settle for anything less than the best?
However, if you want an excellent system with important features at a reasonable price for both small and large organizations, we propose Krispcall. Furthermore, its pricing system is simple and clear, with no hidden fees!
Furthermore, Krispcall is an outstanding Vonage alternative since it offers a full collection of services at a low cost. It is also ideal for expanding enterprises that want to stay with the same VoIP service from startup to enterprise.
Sign up to learn why Krispcall is one of the best Vonage alternatives and to see whether it meets your company’s requirements.
Read Similar Alternative Articles
Getting started takes less than 5 minutes
Start making and receiving calls in more than 100 countries.Get Started
- Alternatives (6)
- Business Phone (83)
- Call Center (57)
- Cloud Communication (20)
- Cloud Phone System (37)
- Cloud Telephony (123)
- Contact Center (43)
- Customer Support (43)
- Features (33)
- How to Call (3)
- Phone Number (50)
- SMS (9)
- Software & Tools (32)
- Troubleshooting (25)
- Unified Communication (6)
- VoIP (60)