Best Small Business Phone Systems
- Last Updated: 16 Feb 24
- 15 min read
Having trouble properly handling client calls? 📞
Use a small business phone system to say goodbye to jumbled phone lines and lost chances. Our technology expedites communication, increases productivity, and guarantees no question is left unanswered—whether you’re drowning in voicemails or losing track of crucial calls.
Learn how our system can improve customer satisfaction and transform your business’s communication. Crucial points: effective call handling, increased output, and flawless customer support. 🚀
🔑 Key Points
- Small business phone systems improve worker cooperation and external connections by streamlining communication routes.
- KrispCall is the best cloud-based phone system for small businesses, with top features like call routing, call recording, and advanced IVR with a 24/7 customer support team at reasonable pricing.
- VoIP and other cloud-based phone systems, which provide flexibility and cheaper upfront costs, are alternatives for small businesses to consider in addition to traditional phone systems, which rely on hardware and landlines.
- Zoom is another phone system for small businesses with advanced features at a low price.
What is a phone system for small businesses?
A small business phone system is the communication infrastructure that is put up to manage incoming and outgoing calls within a small organization effectively.
It usually has functions like voicemail, call forwarding, several extensions, conference calls, and perhaps even interaction with other messaging or email applications or other communication tools.
VoIP, cloud-based, and conventional landline-based solutions are all available, providing the flexibility and scalability needed to meet the demands of the enterprise. To help the organization run efficiently, the aim is to offer dependable and expert communication services.
Benefits of a phone system for small businesses
The benefits of a phone system for small businesses are:
- Enhanced Communication: By combining communication channels, phone systems make it easier for staff members to communicate with one another and outside contacts. By guaranteeing that communications are delivered on time and precisely, this streamlining reduces obstacles to communication and raises overall productivity.
- Cost Saving: Phone systems can be less expensive than traditional landlines, depending on the kind used. VoIP and cloud-based solutions, on the other hand, have cheaper initial costs and more predictable monthly charges.
- Support Remote Work: Phone systems provide flexibility and productivity by allowing workers to work remotely and remain linked to the corporate phone network through features like virtual extensions and mobile applications.
- Flexibility and Scalability: Modern phone systems, especially cloud-based ones, are scalable and adaptable, making it simple for companies to add or remove phone lines and functions as needed without having to deal with the inconvenience of hardware updates.
- Advanced Features: Advanced features like voicemail-to-email transcription, call recording, conference calls, and connectivity with other corporate tools are frequently included in phone systems, which boost productivity and workflow.
What are the types of phone systems available for small businesses?
There are two types of phone systems available for small businesses:
- Traditional Phone System: To facilitate communication, these systems use hardware and real landlines. They frequently use a Private Branch Exchange (PBX) to handle internal calls. Although they are reliable, they can be expensive to install and maintain.
- Cloud-Based Phone System: These internet-based VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) systems are hosted by a third-party provider and are also referred to as hosted VoIP. In comparison to traditional systems, they usually have fewer upfront costs and offer flexibility and scalability. Using mobile applications or online interfaces, users may control features and make calls from a distance.
How to set up a business phone system for small businesses?
There are several phases involved in setting up a business phone system for a small business to make sure it fulfills the requirements of the company and functions effectively. To assist you in getting started, consider the following general guide:
1. Evaluating present requirements and potential expansion
Start by assessing your present communication requirements, taking into account the number of calls, personnel, and services you would like. Select a phone system that can expand your business by taking future growth into account.
2. Finding and choosing the best supplier
Compare the features, costs, and customer feedback of several phone system suppliers by doing some research. Pick a supplier who can meet your budgetary constraints while providing the features and assistance you require.
3. Making plans and getting ready for installation
Plan the installation procedure well when you’ve decided on a supplier. This might entail setting up installation appointments with the supplier, getting your workspace ready for equipment installation, and making sure your internet connection satisfies system requirements.
4. Staff training on system features and usage
Teach your employees how to operate the phone system efficiently before it is completely put into place. Talk about fundamental call handling operations including making and receiving calls, forwarding calls, establishing voicemail, and utilizing more sophisticated services like call forwarding and conference.
5. Testing and resolving issues
Make sure everything is working properly by thoroughly testing the phone system after it has been installed and the team has received training. Conduct internal and external tests, test various features, and note any problems that need to be fixed. After testing is finished, solve any issues that crop up to make sure the switch to the new phone system goes smoothly.
10 Best Phone Systems for Small Businesses in 2024
KrispCall is one of the best virtual phone systems for small businesses. Among the most reputable choices out there is KrispCall. It has a large number selection that includes mobile, local, toll-free, and vanity numbers, and it offers great value for your money. KrispCall guarantees cost without sacrificing quality by providing access to phone numbers from more than 100 countries. Because of its adaptability, KrispCall is a great option for companies of all sizes.
KrispCall is proud of its unified callbox, a unique feature that streamlines communication by combining messages and calls onto one platform, doing away with the need to jump between tabs.
KrispCall is a cutting-edge communication tool with over 40 features, including call monitoring, shared numbers, and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) that improves overall communication effectiveness.
- Call Forwarding: Never miss important calls
- Call Monitoring: Call monitoring makes it possible for supervisors to evaluate agent performance and offer helpful criticism, it is an invaluable training tool.
- Call Recording: Call recording records actual client contacts, which makes it easier to monitor quality and assess performance.
- Global Calling: By using global calling, organizations may reach consumers, partners, and stakeholders throughout the globe and extend their influence beyond local borders.
- Voicemail: You can never miss a crucial message from stakeholders, coworkers, or customers thanks to voicemail.
- An easy-to-use dashboard
- Broad dissemination throughout more than 100 nations
- Deliver outstanding call quality
- Better call handling is made possible by number sharing.
- Provides Affordable Subscription Plans
- The app is not accessible for Windows or Mac.
- The call barging feature is not yet available but will be soon.
Vonage is the VoIP phone system for small businesses. Its over 50 features for business communication and cost make it the perfect choice for small organizations. Vonage is a reputable provider of long-lasting services.
Monitoring phone status and other extensions’ availability is one of the Busy Lamp Field’s unique features. Furthermore enhancing its status as a top-notch virtual phone system are its paperless fax, admin portal, and three-way calling features.
- Application Center
- Turn off the Caller ID
- Artificial Intelligence Assistant Virtual
- SMS and MMS for business
- Accessible via phone and the internet
- Plans for prices are reasonable.
- There is a voice-to-text option available.
- Poor call quality
- Problems with compatibility in some browsers
- There is room for improvement in customer services.
3. GoTo Connect
GoToConnect is a powerful cloud-based small business phone system that offers Over 100+ features. It’s a popular option for freelancers and small enterprises, providing toll-free numbers, infinite extensions, and smooth number portability.
GoToConnect is unique in that it works with over 180 desk phone models. Users may customize voicemail settings, call forwarding, call screening, call routing patterns, and more using its dial plan editor. It also has call routing plans and daily statistics, which improve communication effectiveness.
GoTo Connect features
- Sharing a Screen
- Making Conference Calls
- Using video conferences
- Real-time conversation
- Instantaneous Reporting
- Simple-to-use dashboard
- Time-saving and rapid
- Simple teamwork
- Persistent problems with the SMS messaging service
- Recurring problems with the mobile app
- There is room for improvement in customer services.
Aircall is a custom small business phone system service provider. In more than 100 countries, it is trusted and offers a range of services that are essential for businesses to manage and improve client relationships.
The solution provides features like call analytics, live chat, integration, and IVR, however, the user interface and customer support are unresponsive.
- Call Queuing
- Call Whispering
- Virtual Call Center
- Call Transcription
- Time-Based Routing
- Versatility and easy intergration
- superior voice and video quality
- Having trouble forwarding calls
- Limited opportunities for personalization
|Contact sales team
RingCentral provides a feature-rich, all-inclusive communication solution. It’s an excellent virtual office phone system that’s ideal for small businesses looking for a new phone system.
RingCentral makes it easy to link your current number to a business or toll-free number, allowing you to handle calls and messages effectively from anywhere.
- Scheduling Callbacks
- SIP Tunneling
- Cooperation Instruments
- Routes Automatically
- Dependable and simple to use
- Provides outstanding customer support
- Offers individualized auto-attendant services
- Challenges during the first setup
- Prices increase with time.
- Sometimes there are technical problems.
Zoom is the best cloud-based small business phone system available with an abundance of capabilities. It combines instant messaging, video conferencing, phone services, and virtual meetings into one platform with ease. Zoom makes it simple for customers to make internal and external calls, chat, exchange material, and conduct video meetings.
It is an affordable solution designed for small enterprises and remote workers. There are PC and smartphone apps, so connectivity is guaranteed from any place. Zoom is a fantastic phone system option because of its extensive feature set, which includes call forwarding, call records, auto attendants, and integrations.
- Online Gatherings
- Group Talk
- Salesforce Connectivity
- Forwarding of calls
- Call Recording
- Excellent sound and visual quality
- Dependable and simple to use
- Screen sharing is enabled
- Outstanding technical assistance
- Updates are needed for mobile apps
- There has to be more alternatives for iOS devices.
- Less convenient to use on a smartphone
8×8 is a feature-rich cloud-based solution intended to improve consumer interaction and expedite commercial correspondence. With so many capabilities, it makes handling incoming and outgoing calls easier.
With the use of predictive dialing algorithms, 8×8’s predictive dialer replaces manual labor in the calling process, automating it. Its flawless functioning is ensured by its easy integration with various CRM platforms.8×8’s products are further enhanced by advanced features including web phones, call routing, hold music, and call queuing.
- Group Talk
- Using video conferences
- Call handling
- Integration with third parties
- Transcription of voicemail to email
- Outstanding audio quality
- Fantastic fax and voicemail function
- A delightful mobile application
- Inadequate SIP connections
- There are outdated documents available.
- Poor quality of client service
Contact Sales Teams
Grasshopper is a flexible phone number supplier that is designed to meet the unique needs of small enterprises. With its local, toll-free, vanity, and number porting options, Grasshopper guarantees all-encompassing coverage.
In the event that a call is missed, its rapid response features will instantly SMS the consumer, improving communication. Grasshopper offers simplicity and affordability with solutions that fit every budget, as well as availability through desktop and mobile apps.
- Business Text Messaging
- VoIP and WiFi Calling
- Electronic Fax
- Control of Incoming Calls
- Easy-to-use interface
- Provide great customer service
- Competitive pricing plan
- Difficulty in adding audio messages
- Internet faxes cannot be sent
9. Ooma Office
Ooma offers a low-cost virtual phone system with more than 50 features that are perfect for remote teams and small enterprises. Ooma’s mobile apps let customers manage and access business conversations from any location, and the company was designed to improve teamwork and productivity.
It also guarantees flawless connection for business activities with unlimited calling inside the United States, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
- Many Rings
- Ring Organizations
- Dialing an Extension
- Digital Receptionist
- Put the music on hold
- Simple and quick installation
- There are several extensions available.
- An easy-to-use dashboard
- Fewer alternatives for texting
- Call Drops Occasionally
- More effective spam filtering is required.
If you want a VoIP phone system for small businesses, think about OpenPhone. You can accept business calls while on the go without carrying extra SIM cards or phones when you use OpenPhone to easily add a business line to your existing phone number.
Businesses may increase employee productivity and customer happiness, which will ultimately result in overall growth, because of OpenPhone’s many connections and flexibility. Moreover, it works with web browsers, iOS, and Android.
- Calls for conferences
- Extension for Browsers
- Email to voicemail
- Automatic Attendance
- Sharing a Screen
- Backup phone number
- Several alternatives for numbers
- Text and call from any location.
- Import agreements
- Easily navigable interface
- Restricted Functionalities
- Problems with Calls
- Inadequate Client Care
- Issues with Numbers
Factors to be considered while choosing a phone system for small business
There are a few things to take into account when choosing a small business phone system:
- Budget considerations: Examine the phone system’s initial outlay of funds, continuing expenditures, and pricing schedules. Take into account elements like long-term contract obligations, monthly service fees, installation charges, and the cost of the gear and software.
- Growth potential and scalability: Select a system that will grow with your company, adding more users, features, and locations without causing significant interruptions or needless expenses.
- Required features and functionality: Determine the precise functionalities and capabilities that your company needs. This might involve mobile integration, conference calling, call forwarding, voicemail, and more. Make sure the phone system you select has the features you need to support your company’s operations effectively.
- Integration with existing tools and software: Verify whether the phone system can easily interact with the programs and devices you now use, like as email platforms or CRM systems. By easing data exchange and communication procedures, integration improves workflow efficiency.
- Customer service and dependability: A dependable customer service team is necessary to quickly resolve problems. The system itself should also be trustworthy to guarantee continuous communication for your company’s activities.
Small business phone system makes communication easier, increasing output and guaranteeing that no question is left unanswered. Highlights include seamless customer service, better productivity, and efficient call handling. These systems provide scalability and flexibility in both traditional and cloud-based configurations.
KrispCall is a cloud-based small business phone system, that provides flexibility to work from anywhere.KrispCall is very flexible to meet your company’s demands, and it’s inexpensive and simple to set up.
Sign up to KrispCall to experience its features through a free demo. Decide on a pricing strategy that makes sense for the scale of your company.
1. How much does it cost for an office phone system a for small business?
A small business’s office phone system cost might vary based on a variety of factors, including the provider, features offered, number of users, and any extra hardware or services needed. For cloud-based VoIP solutions, KripCall starts at $12/user/month
2. Which phone systems are offered by various companies for a small business?
Several companies offer phone systems for small businesses such as RingCentral, zoom, and 8×8. However, KrispCall offers the best mobile app with top features like call routing, call recording, and advanced IVR with a 24/7 customer support team at reasonable pricing.
3. Can I integrate CRM tools with small business phone systems?
Yes, you can integrate CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tools with small business phone systems. Many modern phone systems offer integration capabilities with popular CRM platforms like KrispCall, Ooma, Aircall, and others.
4. What kind of customer support is available in a small VoIP phone system?
The kind of customer support available in a small VoIP system are:
- Live chat
- phone support
- knowledge base
- community forums
- Email support