How to Rent a Phone Number for Calls and SMS Verification?
- Last Updated: 23 Nov 23
- 11 min read
Are you tired of giving out your personal phone number to everyone who asks for it? 😫
Do you want to keep your phone number private but still be reachable? If so, then renting a phone number might be the solution you’re looking for.
Renting a phone number allows you to have a temporary phone number that you can use for a specific purpose, such as signing up for a service or giving out to strangers.
In this blog post, we’ll explore what it means to rent a phone number, how it works, and some of the benefits of doing so. We’ll also look at some examples of how people have used rented phone numbers in the past. So, let’s get started! 👇
What is Rent a Phone Number?
Rent a phone number is a service that lets you use a phone number for fixed intervals without actually owning a physical sim card or a phone number. The only twist is that it is a cloud-based technology, and you can use it from anywhere in the world as long as you have an Internet connection.
Logically, renting a number means you may have to pay to have access to its services, and once the contract ends, you will not be able to use it anymore.
Get a Virtual Phone Number for Rent Online.
Get international phone number and rent for calls, SMS verification & more.
Select numbers :
Taking this into consideration, there are a number of companies that offer phone rental services. Among those, some of them have subscription-based offers, while providers like Getfreesmsonline have free services.
What are the Benefits of Renting a Phone Number?
It can be an easy and affordable way for individuals like you and businesses to get a phone number for temporary use that can protect their privacy and keep their personal information safe. The 3 most significant benefits are:
- Improved Flexibility and Mobility: You can make the most of the flexible nature of a rented number and use it on any device of your choice. A rented phone number can also provide you with the mobility needed while traveling or remote working.
- Better Privacy and Anonymity: Owning a rented phone number means you do not have to give away your private phone number, whether it’s for professional or personal purposes. This can help you keep your personal information hidden while protecting you from scams and unwanted contacts.
- Greater global reach: Rental phone numbers with specified area codes can empower businesses to reach a global audience. Using this, businesses can target particular locations for marketing by localizing their presence and enhancing customer experience.
What are the Uses of Rented Phone Numbers?
Rented numbers serve a variety of purposes. Some major territories where they are used are:
- Business Applications: Businesses can use rented phone numbers of specific area codes for marketing and to contact potential customers. Not only that, rented virtual numbers can provide businesses with essential insights into customer behaviour, which can used to fine-tune campaigns and service delivery.
- Temporary and Specialized Needs: Rented phone numbers are an excellent choice if you are looking for an option that is a cost-effective, efficient, secure, and suitable way to create an account on online services, job hunting portals, freelancing websites, and even to do a short-term project where you do not want to share your private number.
- Online Privacy: Another privilege of a rented phone number is its ability to provide you privacy on the web. Having a temporary number that is not bound to any of your personal details can be advantageous if you want to use social media, take part in short online surveys while maintaining privacy, and keep away classified online ads.
How to Rent a Phone Number for SMS Verification?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to rent a phone number:
- Choose a reliable service: The first thing you need to do is to choose a reputable provider like KrispCall, and then you can rent phone numbers from it for SMS verification.
- Set up an account and pick a phone number: Secondly, create an account, you will be able to select a phone number from the provider’s list. You can usually choose a number from a variety of countries and regions.
- Select the rental duration: You can also choose the rental duration that best suits your requirements. The options may include a day, a week, or a month.
- Complete the rental process: To finally rent a phone number, follow the instructions provided by the service provider. These instructions may include making payment and submitting required documents if necessary.
- Receive and use the SMS verification codes: After renting a phone number, you can start using it for SMS verification.
Top 5 Phone Number Rental Service Providers in 2023
Many different companies offer phone number rental services. The prices vary depending on the features offered and the length of the rental period.
Summary of top phone number rental service providers
KrispCall – Best cloud telephony with wide coverage across 100+ countries
CarrierX – Best cPaas and API provider
Octopush – Best SMS platform for business
Bitrix24 – Phone numbers in more than 50 countries
Freezvon – Provides excellent coverage across 120+ countries
KrispCall is a virtual phone number provider that offers rental phone number services as well. It bears options like toll-free, local, mobile, and business phone numbers with modern features like call transfer, number sharing, and global calling that you can rent anytime and use as long as you want.
The utility options of KrispCall rented numbers are yours to decide, you can operate these numbers like a second phone number for a long term or just for OTP authentication. With its finest support system and features, it is the go-to option if you are looking to rent a phone number
How to rent a phone number from KrispCall?
To rent a virtual phone number from KrispCall, follow this step-by-step procedure:
- Create an account with KrispCall.
- Sign up for the account and log in to the Dashboard.
- Select your preferred country virtual number.
- Choose payment options and make payments.
- Submit documents if required.
Now, you can use your virtual phone number for calls and SMS verification.
- Affordable and reliable
- Excellent customer support
- Easy to use and excellent UI
- Doesn’t filter out voices.
- Essential: $15 monthly/user
- Standard: $40 monthly/user
- Enterprise: Custom-made
CarrierX is also a global market leader when it comes to providing phone renting services. It has domestic and international numbers that come along with features like SIP Trunking and third-party app integration available to be rented anytime. They provide a catalog of telephone numbers that are available for purchase on a monthly basis.
To rent a phone number, you just need to sign up on their website and make a simple request through their API. Once the request is processed and the phone number is claimed, it will be removed from the number from their inventory and linked to your account.
- Reliable customer support
- Easy-to-use phone API
- Lacks necessary features
CarrierX has two pricing formats, namely pay-as-you-go and volume-based. You can expect the following plans:
|Types||Voice(Phone calls)||SMS(long Code Messaging)|
|SIP connectivity/Outbound MMS||Free||$0.02|
If you are looking for a provider that is focused on providing easily accessible and secure phone numbers just for SMS authentication, Octopush is the answer. It holds world-call data security, quick integration, and highly compatible modules and plugins to serve its customers with simplicity.
It has features like HLR lookup, API integrations, SMS 2.0, and many more to take care of your personal as well as business needs. To get a phone number on rent, visit their website > create an account > make payment > start using the phone number.
- Straight-forward and easy to use
- Efficient 2-way SMS system
- Outstanding customer service
- Complex web-portal
- It can be complex to set up and manage
- No SIP Trunking
Octopus has variable prices for different countries and offers. To know more about their subscription plans, get in touch with their sales team.
Bitrix24 is a multi-component online software platform that rents phone numbers in more than 50 countries. Though it mainly focuses only on cloud telephony solutions, its rental services are second to none. It has a wide array of features and capabilities that can be used to achieve outstanding results and maximum efficiency.
It has a constantly evolving and sophisticated system and keeps expanding its country coverage all the time. However, Bitrix24 only has local phone numbers that you can rent.
- Real-time collaboration
- Comprehensive task management
- Easy integration
- Complex interface
- Mobile app needs to be updated
Get in touch with their support team to get pricing information.
Lastly we have Freezvon, it is a virtual number provider that has renting options to meet your ever-changing demands. It has local, multi-channel, and toll-free numbers that you can rent for any period of time. It is a versatile option that provides renting services in over 120 countries.
It has qualitative and convenient phone number rental solutions for clients, which can be used for calls, SMS, and fax. It has features like CDRs, IVR, and unlimited SIP trunking that you can customize according to your personal preferences.
- Good Customer support
- Interactive User Experience
- Fast Service
- Slow processing
- Only volume-based plans
Get in touch with Freezvon’s sales team for accurate pricing details.
Tips to Choose the Best Rental Phone Numbers
Here are some tips to help you choose the best rental phone number:
- Consider your needs: Are you looking for a business, personal, or number for a specific purpose, such as receiving SMS messages? Outline your specific needs like these and only then make decisions on those needs.
- Choose a reputable company: Do your own research and choose a provider that has a good reputation, provides good customer support, and is reliable.
- Read terms and conditions: Rental services often have hidden stipulations. Thoroughly read the terms and conditions before signing up.
- Compare prices: You must compare all the plans of every service. Select the one that has the best value for money and fits your budget.
- Consider the features offered: Almost all providers have a variable set of features, go through each of them. Choose a service provider that offers the features you need.
To conclude, a rented phone number is an option that can provide you with mobility, flexibility, and anonymity in any given situation. You can rent a phone number from any provider out in the market to satisfy your requirements and make the most of it.
However, for every advantage, there is a disadvantage. So, it is advisable to make an informed choice by conducting thorough research, evaluating your needs, and considering customer feedback.
Thus, renting a virtual phone number from KrispCall is an optimal choice for individuals like you. With a high encryption system from KrispCall, you can maintain your privacy and also get access to their services anywhere in the world with 24/7 support.
How do I rent a US phone number?
Renting a US phone number is easy. Just follow the below-mentioned steps to acquire one:
- Choose a provider like KrispCall, that phone number renting services, and visit its website.
- Create an account and log into the dashboard
- Choose US from country options and the type of phone number(local, toll-free, or vanity) you want.
- Select a plan that fits into your budget plan.
- Make payment and submit documents for verification if needed.
- Start using your rented virtual number to make and receive calls and messages for authentication.
How do I buy a UK virtual phone number for SMS?
It’s easy to buy UK virtual numbers with KrispCall, and the buying process is simple.
- Create a KrispCall account.
- Select UK from the given options.
- Enter the city or state of your required phone number.
- Select the type of phone number you need.
- Make payment after you’ve selected the number.
- Submit your documents for verification.
Can I sign up on WhatsApp using a rented phone number?
Yes, you can use a rented phone number to sign up on WhatsApp and other messaging apps like Telegram and Line, as well as dating apps like POF, GRINDR, and TANGO. Using a rented phone number to sign up Whatsapp can help protect your identity, avoid bypassing restrictions, and run promotional campaigns.
Is it a good idea to rent a phone number?
Yes! Renting a phone number is definitely a good idea to maintain your privacy and remain anonymous online, for business and marketing purposes like running promotional campaigns and giveaways.