How to Send SMS Texts from Your Computer or Desktop PC?
- Last Updated: 14 Feb 24
- 16 min read
You might wonder 🤔why it’s necessary to send a text from your computer when you have smartphone options from Android to iPhone right?
Well technically it’s true but when it comes to sending lengthy texts, and multiple replies to a bunch of clients. That’s where computer edges over smartphones.
It’s simply convenient to send a text from your computer for business purposes due to the larger screen, easy typing, and switching multiple tables for messaging.
With keeping everything in mind we bring you the best ways to send text messages from your computer.
This article will help you find the most efficient way to send text messages along with steps on how to send texts on different platforms. Their pros & cons so you can identify the most suitable one by the very end of this article.
🚀 Key Highlights
- To send a text from your computer use email, phone app, iMessage, Google Messages, free SMS websites, wireless carrier’s website, Google Voice, Chrome extensions, Virtual Phone Number.
- Sending texts from a desktop enhances productivity & multitasking, is faster and more accurate, offers easy cross-platform communication, and avoids distracting phone notifications.
- Among different ways of sending texts from a computer, KrispCall is the most effective one due to its additional cloud based texting features including SMS filter, Bulk SMS, SMS Prompts, Templates and others.
- Sending texts from a computer & phone is different when it comes to message intent, features, network & speed, security, and more.
- Tips: Before sending, you must check guidelines, Pros, and Cons for every platform through which you can send messages
What are the benefits of sending text from a computer or desktop?
Sending Text from a computer or Desktop offers several unique benefits compared to using a phone, which makes it a valuable reference for both professional and personal communications.
The Benefits not only occur from texting but from its overall process which are mentioned below. With better convenience and accessibility, it allows you to obtain organizational benefits, such as:
- No distraction by regular phone notifications while working on the computer.
- Sending texts from a computer allows you to enhance productivity and multitasking.
- Easy Cross-platform communication with different devices using specific messaging platforms.
- Access universal information and new ideas to add while sending texts via the internet.
- Sending Text from your computer or desktop is more faster and accurate than tapping on a phone screen.
10 Ways To Send a Text Message From Your Computer
There are multiple ways through which you can send texts from your computer. Among them here are the 10 easiest and finest ways for you to send messages.
1. Sending Text from a SMS enabled Virtual Phone Number
Sending text from a virtual phone number is one of the most effective methods of sending text messages from computer. you can receive and send via messages app on multiple devices without having to own a physical phone.
Virtual phone numbers are internet-based telephone numbers that are not linked to any specific device. They are super flexible and work with almost every device like mobile phones, laptops, and computers.
Virtual phone service provider presents you with instant virtual numbers to send and receive messages, that can be accessed anywhere in the world.
KrispCall is one of the cloud telephony platforms that offer virtual numbers that make it easier for you to send mass text using your computer. You can send texts to others by the steps listed below:
- Log in to your KrispCall dashboard
- Click on your number and Go to the “New Message” button
- Tap Message on the left sidebar,
- Enter a contact’s name or phone number
- Start typing your message & press enter when you’ve finished your message.
Get SMS Enabled Virtual Phone Number Instantly.
Send and receive SMS, Text messages from your computer or PC with virtual phone number.
Select numbers :
- With a virtual phone number, you can make and receive messages anywhere you go.
- Affordable rate, for making international calls and sending texts.
- To keep business and personal communication separate.
- Without a reliable internet connection high chances of experiencing disruptions and even lags.
- Not all virtual phone number providers are suitable for all business models.
This method works on all browsers and operating systems. It’s just a matter of logging into your web app and accessing your virtual phone number.
2. Send a text through email
The first thing that comes to our mind when it comes to sending text through a computer is via 📩email. Varieties of messaging apps and mobile apps made us forget that email is the actual form of communication for electronic devices.
Aside from reading and sending emails, the email platform lets users send SMS messages to someone from the computer. If you are unable to access a mobile device due to an emergency, check out this guide for sending texts by email.
1. Start your computer and sign in to your email account.
2. In the “To” field, enter the 10-digit phone number of the person.
3. Enter “@” at the end of the phone number.
4. For the last step add an SMS and MMS messages gateway address for the number you are texting.
Emails can be different but they all work the same, some of the common examples are:
- Documentation and recording of communication which are important for legal agreements, and order confirmations.
- Unlike traditional text, formatting is Flexible, due to attachments like documents, images, and videos.
- Potential delays of messages may occur due to poor connection, or any other technical issues.
- Lack of immediate message notifications.
3. Send text via Phone App on Windows
Latest version of Windows gives you the freedom to 🤝connect your phone to your computer via Bluetooth, the Phone app from Microsoft allows you to access your photos, notifications, and text messages quickly.
To send and receive text messages from your computer, by using the Phone app you need to link your computer with an Android smartphone and follow the steps given below:
- Connect your phone and PC with the QR code in the Link to Windows app or phone link.
- Click on messages tab by opening the Phone Link app on your computer.
- For new conversation choose New Message.
- Select the name or number of the contact you are trying to reach
- Type in the message and send it.
By completing all the steps, you can send & receive SMS notifications, make & receive calls, operate cameras, and view pictures from your computer without any problem:
- Easy access to contact list, conversation, and message history directly from your computer.
- No need to switch devices and direct replies from your computer without picking up your phone.
- Your phone must be connected to a PC within Bluetooth range or this method is useless.
- Depending on the phone model this feature might not be supportable.
4. Send texts from a Mac via iMessage
For iPhone user it’s pretty easy to connect an iPhone and Mac computer for messaging through Apple ID. Apple has a built-in feature called iMessage💫 that allows messages to be transmitted via WiFi or a cellular connection.
To operate iMessage you don’t need to install any extra apps, all you need is to sign in through your Apple ID. It’s simple and efficient and can be operated by the points mentioned here:
- Log into Apple’s iCloud service by logging in with your Apple ID.
- Connect an Apple device.
- Messages will be synced automatically to your device.
- Once your device has been synced, you can start text messaging
- Easy to synchronize messages and contacts between the same Apple products.
- Effortless content sharing between Mac computer and iPhone direct copy & paste texts, images, and links.
- It doesn’t provide any standout features for business texts
- Restriction to iMessage tab features when communicating to non-apple ID users.
5. Send text messages from Google Messages for web desktop
Google Messages for web desktop is one of the convenient ways to 🔗synchronize your Android messages with your computer. When you have a smartphone then your messages app can easily be connected to your desktop by a simple paring process.
Your phone already has a settings app that can be linked to your computer by selecting the device pairing option. It’s a web-based service that lets you send and receive SMS and MMS messages from your computer, Mac computer, Chromebook, and other devices.
- Open the Android Messages homepage.
- On the left top corner click on the hamburger menu and select device pairing.
- Click on the QR code scanner to scan the QR code on your computer screen.
- Now you can send and receive texts easily on your computer.
It’s just a matter of connecting Android messages with QR code scanning capabilities to your computer. Rather than repeatedly doing the QR process, you can maintain a connection with your phone by turning on “remember this computer.”
You can send any message from your computer or desktop PC with wi-fi internet connectivity when everything has been set up.
- Enjoy Rich communication services (RCS) features such as typing indicators, read receipts, and group texts.
- Google brings a clean and easy-to-use interface for navigation and messaging.
- Continuous syncing between devices can potentially drain your phone’s battery faster.
- Customization choices could be more limited in comparison to certain specialized messaging applications.
6. Send Texts from a Free SMS Website
Sending text from free SMS websites allows you to send text messages without🙌 additional data plans or extra charges. These websites enable you to send text messages directly from your computer, eliminating the necessity for frequent switching between phone and computer for swift communication.
Websites like GlobFone, AFreeSMS, SendSMSNow, or open online texting platforms empower you to send text messaging from your computer. This flexibility allows you to send text messages from any internet-connected desktop computer at your convenience.
The simple steps to send a text message from a free SMS website are as follows:
- Choose a reliable website with positive reviews and clear terms of service.
- Create an account if required
- Input the recipient’s phone number.
- Compose the message according to character limits.
- Send the message.
- It is cost-effective as you can bypass phone data plan limitations & avoid exceeding data allowances.
- No extra installations or software downloads are required.
- No guarantee is offered that your message will be sent, and you will not be notified whether it was received or not.
- SMS websites are not always free.
- Risk of data privacy.
7. Text from a Wireless Carrier’s Website
Did you know some major wireless service providers allow you to text directly🧐 from their website? Certain wireless providers offer the option to send MMS and SMS messages directly through their online portals, accessible via your web browser.
Once signed into your carrier’s website portal, you will be able to send and receive texts, photos, and videos. Here is how you can text from a wireless carrier’s website:
- With a wireless carrier’s website first you need to check compatibility.
- Locate the “My Account” or “Online Management” section within the website.
- Search for “Messaging” option
- Compose the message by including the recipient’s phone number.
- Click on “Send” or a similar button to send the composed message.
8. Send Text using Google Voice
Google Voice is another online texting platform that allows you to send texts, that are easier to use on your computer. It is one of the secure and easiest ways to SMS your contacts.
It’s quite simple to send messages using Google Voice; just track the steps provided below or access the YouTube link for guidance.
- Login to your Google Voice account or sign up if you don’t have an account.
- Click on the messages icon at the top left corner below the phone icon.
- Select a new contact by clicking on “+ Send new message”.
- Type your message and click on the send button.
- Google Voice supports group messages.
- Advanced features are available like read receipts, call screening, transcript voicemails, and more.
- Lack of customer service support as it is a free texting website.
- Works only with other Google apps.
9. Send text from Chrome extensions
One of the easiest ways you can send messages is through Chrome extensions. It is a lightweight SMS platform for your computer and can be synchronized with your Android messages as well.
- Select and install the right Chrome extension.
- Open the extension icon.
- Select the contact or group chat you want to send a text to.
- Compose a message and send the message through the “Send” button.
- No need to switch tabs while accessing the messages app.
- Highly efficient for quick messaging and replies.
- Compared to dedicated apps there is limited functionality.
- Free extensions can be risky and might collect or sell your data.
10. Using texting platforms like WhatsApp and Viber
WhatsApp and Viber serve as social media messaging platforms enabling message transmission from computer devices. After installation, a reliable wi-fi connection is essential for message transmission.
In addition to text-based communication, texting platforms support text message forwarding and sharing images, gifs, audio recordings, and videos. Furthermore, the platform offers options for both video and voice calls.
Using messaging platforms like WhatsApp and Viber you can easily send SMS by following certain steps:
- Open your WhatsApp or Viber app on your computer.
- Tap on the “New Chat” button ( plus sign or pencil icon).
- Choose the contact from the list of contacts or search for their phone number.
- Type a message in the message box.
- Send the message by clicking on the (arrow icon) next to the message box.
- Regarding your location, you can compose messages and access contacts from any computer with the wi-fi internet.
- Highly preferred for international communication.
- Such platforms heavily rely on cell phone numbers for identification.
- Old messages are deleted from chat when uninstalling the platforms.
What is the Difference between sending text from computer or mobile devices?
Text messages can be easily sent either from your computer or mobile devices without any problem. You can choose any platform you wish, but still, there are small difference that occurs:
|Sending From Computer
|Sending From Mobile
|Computers are highly efficient for business purposes to send messages that are extended, detailed messages tailored for conveying complex information.
|Mobile is used for Shorter, quicker messages for on-the-go communication with friends, and families.
|On a computer, it’s easier to attach files or documents and add features for grammar and spelling checkers.
|On mobile, only limited multimedia messaging can be attached like pictures, video, or voice notes, and is quite crampy to add features for texting.
|It’s a lot easier to multitask on a computer. You can access multiple message tabs or messaging platforms at once on a big screen.
|Multitasking is difficult due to the small screen and is time-consuming to change tabs or message apps.
|Network & Speed
|The computer relies on sending texts through the internet and sending multiple text messages is faster.
|Mobile devices rely on mobile phone plan to send messages which consumes lots of mobile data and it’s quite difficult to send multiple texts at once.
|Security & Privacy
|You can get stronger security features depending upon platforms and can easily review message content before sending.
|High chance of physical loss or theft and requires more time and attention to review messages.
How to send a text from your computer using KrispCall?
KrispCall is one of the best options when it comes to sending text messages from your computer.
Whether you need to send text from your computer or mobile, for personal or business messages, KrispCall is the best solution for all.
KrispCall is a cloud-based phone system that provides its users with virtual cell phone numbers. With KrispCall you can not only send messages but also access cutting-edge features. From automated texts and templates to voicemail drops, and many more KrispCall allows your business to enhance your texting quality.
To clarify things further, here are three simple processes for sending a text from your computer via KrispCall:
- Sign up at KrispCall and get a virtual phone number or port your existing number.
- Save the contacts to which you are willing to send SMS texts.
- Compose your text and send it to a related contact.
What KrispCall’s feature Makes it best to send a text from your computer?
With KrispCall you can easily send text from your computer without any limitations. KrispCall not only helps to provide effective communication for your business but also provides cutting-edge features to boost your business.
Among all the options mentioned above, KrispCall is the only platform that is flexible enough to optimize your message along with a wide range of features:
- Access from Multi-device: KrispCall allows its users to send text from multiple devices by sharing numbers. You can obtain a number and can easily share it with your members and anyone can send texts or replay messages from customers which is efficient in business.
- Bulk SMS: Bulk SMS allows you to reach a large number of targeted audiences and drive engagements for your business. With KrispCall you can efficiently set up your marketing campaign that allows a high open rate, high conversion rate, cost efficiency, and make every text message personal.
- Messages Scheduling: With KrispCall you can easily send or schedule messages at the right time. Message Scheduling helps to automate regular communication such as important announcements, and daily reminders, or to send at specific times when receivers are likely available.
- Voicemail to email: Voicemail to email is a feature that is still not provided by major text platforms. It’s a communication tool that allows the sender to send voice mail and the receiver can get the exact word in text format in email.
- Cloud storage: Cloud storage ensures the utmost security for your messages by automatically backing them up and synchronizing them across various devices. This guarantees the availability of recent copies, even in the event of device malfunction. Additionally, it incorporates features such as data encryption, access controls, and intrusion detection systems, enhancing overall protection.
If you are exploring ways to send text from a computer there are numerous approaches to consider. Although online platforms offer diverse texting techniques, integrating a VoIP system for computer-based texting can maximize operations and optimize the utility of your service.
KrispCall is one of the best VoIP systems that you can easily integrate into your computer or your mobile devices. It not only offers features for overall communication from texts to phone calls but also comes with budget-friendly plans.
You can Try the KrispCall Free Demo by visiting KrispCall’s website.
How do I transmit text messages from my phone to my computer?
You can transmit text messages from your phone to your computer and can synchronize extract messages or MMS messages. You can do it by following the steps:
Settings: This is the most official and secure option.
1. Launch the Google Messages app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on the three dots located in the upper right corner, then choose “Messages for web.”
3. Use your phone’s camera to scan the QR code visible on your computer screen.
Can you text from a computer without a phone number?
Yes, you can text from a computer without having a phone number through different platforms like Google Voice and email. It allows you to send texts without any phone or phone numbers.
Can I text from my PC if I have an iPhone?
Yes, you can text from your PC if you have an iPhone with the help of different platforms like KrispCall, Microsoft Phone Link, etc..
How to send text messages online with no registration?
You can send text messages online with no registration but it comes with extremely limited features and after a while, it asks for registrations and personal details.