- Arun Chaudhary
- Last Updated: 29 Apr 22
- 8 min read
Customer Service Management Tips To Ensure Happy Customers
- Arun Chaudhary
- Last Updated: 29 Apr 22
- 8 min read
Customers are the heart of a business and must always be your number one priority. Customer satisfaction is directly related to revenue for any business, and lower customer satisfaction levels will likely translate into lower retention rates.
A study by Kolsky indicates that
“Only 1 in 26 unhappy customers complaints, and however, 91% of unhappy non-complaining customers leave.”
Is it worth losing 91% of your unhappy customers?
Also, the finding from another research depicts that about two-thirds of your customers are likely to recommend your company to their friends if they have had a good experience with you.
It’s precisely for this reason you should try to make sure your customers are happy with what you are offering to them.
You must, therefore, always strive to provide your customers with the best customer experience if you want them to like you.
Best Ways to Make Sure You Are Happy Both With Your Team and Your Customers
1. Define Customer Service Responsibilities
The range of customer services depends on the firm’s size, which could be anything from answering emails to proactive onboarding to up-selling and cross-selling.
To ensure a smooth customer service experience, customer service management must lead the way by setting up all the tasks your team will be responsible for early.
The customer service department is responsible for the following additional tasks (which often overlap with the sales and marketing plan):
- Proactively reaching out to customers and offering assistance
- Establishing a self-service portal for customers to access knowledge
- Tracking common requests from customers and their feedback
- Reporting all difficult issues to the appropriate departments and escalating issues
- Resolving issues submitted by customers, responding to their requests or surveys, and collecting customer feedback
- Creating product demos
- Supporting the onboarding of new customers
- Reporting to managers on customer satisfaction
While some of these tasks might be more appropriately undertaken by the sales or marketing departments, that’s just the way 5-star customer service management works.
It’s your responsibility to increase communication, not just with customers but also with other departments. All in all, there shouldn’t be anything other than good customer service on your end.
2. Use CRM Platforms
It is often difficult for companies to establish effective coordination among different departments and teams, resulting in customer dissatisfaction.
By implementing smart CRM platforms, businesses can streamline their workforce processes and overcome this challenge.
The use of such sales and service CRM systems helps ensure that the entire organization is on the same page, which can contribute to improved customer service.
Smart CRM software has the following benefits:
- It helps you extract valuable insights about your customer which will further help your business to understand the needs of your customers.
- It fosters engagement with customers, which will help you to build and maintain long-term business relationships.
- It ensures that your service team and sales team can work together more effectively, preventing any confusion.
- This solution allows customers to access what they were promised, thereby improving customer satisfaction.
- Almost all CRM platforms are accessible via desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. This allows you to assist your customers anywhere in the world.
3. Ask For Customer Feedback.
The feedback you receive from customers is information gathered from their experiences with your products, services, and company. Feedback from customers guides improvements in customer service and can inspire positive change – even when it’s bad.
Since customer feedback can act as a guiding resource for the growth of a business, it is very crucial for any business to obtain always the best practices for customer feedback management in a proper way.
Because collecting feedback from customers lets you know what your customers think about your business regarding what’s right and what’s wrong? Some gems can be adapted to make the customer experience better over time in both the good and the bad.
To put it simply, feedback is the conduit for keeping your community at the heart of everything you do.
4. Offer Multi-Channel Support
Customer satisfaction will be higher if it is easy for them to get in touch with you. To accomplish this, you need to offer support across numerous channels.
These different channels allow the customer to purchase according to their preference. It is therefore important to keep a presence across all channels your customers may use. This includes:
- Chatbots (live chat support)
- Social media presence
- Email support
- Phone support
How does multi-channel support benefit your company? With multi-channel support, you can reach your customers in the way they prefer.
So make sure your customer service is superior across all channels. By doing so, you’ll increase customer satisfaction and your brand credibility.
5. Practice Active Listening
Every customer service call is answered by a real person who can answer your questions and address your concerns. The person must feel heard, understood, and assisted.
By practicing active listening with your family and colleagues every day, you can develop an essential skill.
The first thing you should do is learn something from each conversation and focus on the speaker.
You might want to ask clarification questions after the customer finishes speaking to make sure you understand.
Last but not least, ensure everyone is on the same page with a quick summary of the conversation.
When you engage in active listening, you will not only become a more effective customer service agent, but you’ll also improve your relationships outside of the office.
6. Communicate Clearly
Customer service workers must be able to clearly communicate (both verbally & in writing) with their customers, especially when they are dealing with customers who have a different native language.
You should concisely answer all the answers to the questions raised by the customers in your natural voice.
You should also keep in mind that you don’t have to provide every detail to the customer even when they want an explanation of an issue.
Occasionally, there might be customers asking for details, but most of them would want to solve the issue troubling them as soon as possible.
Make sure you end each conversation by asking, ” Are there any other ways I can help?” Doing so is a very good customer service practice as it allows your customer another opportunity to present their issue if they have any left.
Also, if you know they will be on hold, let them know in advance when it will take you to obtain their account information or talk to your manager.
7. Build A Personalized Experience
Providing your agents with context is one thing that will improve the personalization of their interactions with customers.
Imagine the following scenario: a customer contacts you via email and then follows up with you by phone in a single day.
And if customers have to repeat the same information every time they contact support, they will not remember it as a positive experience.
Additionally, a CRM Integration can be tied to customer service software, providing agents with deeper contextual information like:
- Opened marketing emails
- Purchase history
- Sales conversations
8. Understand Customer Psychology
Customer satisfaction is at the heart of customer service psychology and knowing your customers’ needs thoroughly will ultimately lead to higher customer satisfaction.
In addition, customers want assurance that the same problem will not happen again and are valued, listened to, and cared about. Based on their behavior and emotions, you can analyze and understand customer psychology, which will help you serve them better.
There are several benefits your brand can gain from understanding this psychology, and they are:
- The customer who is happy with your service becomes a loyal customer, and this is associated with your brand.
- Knowing your customer’s preferences and interests gives you the ability to personalize your conversations and create a lasting relationship with your customer.
- If a customer contacts your company with a complaint, they expect that it will be addressed quickly. They expect an ear that listens carefully to acknowledge their issue and provide a solution.
9. Appreciate Loyal Customers
Do you know what is the best way to maintain good customer relationships?
The answer is appreciating your loyal customers is one way to do this.
Your customers are one of the most valuable assets of your business, and they become brand advocates by spreading good word of mouth about your brand.
In Motista’s study, customers who feel emotionally connected to a brand are 306% more likely to stay loyal to the brand and are more likely to recommend it.
Thus, businesses must extend a special welcome to loyal customers and build consumer delights through the following ways:
- Provide incentives such as discounts, free products, special purchasing opportunities, and price reductions to your loyal customers to show that you value them.
- Provide your loyal customers with premium services.
- Create an early Access program that offers loyal customers something more exclusive than normal customers.
In Bottom Line
A critical objective of every company is to build customer relationships. So if you wish to improve customer engagement by emotionally connecting your customer to your brand then you should think of ways to make them happy.
So you need to adopt techniques that go beyond CRM to maintain good relationships with your customers. By following the strategies listed above, you will strengthen your customer relationships and set up a platform that will enable your business to reach new heights.
Despite the differences among businesses, the essential elements of success are the same.
Getting started takes less than 5 minutes
Start making and receiving calls in more than 100 countries.Get Started
- Alternatives (6)
- Business Phone (83)
- Call Center (57)
- Cloud Communication (20)
- Cloud Phone System (37)
- Cloud Telephony (123)
- Contact Center (43)
- Customer Support (43)
- Features (33)
- How to Call (3)
- Phone Number (50)
- SMS (9)
- Software & Tools (32)
- Troubleshooting (25)
- Unified Communication (6)
- VoIP (60)