How to Call a Blocked Phone Number?
- Last Updated: 17 Jan 24
- 10 min read
Whenever you call a contact, if it rings once and the voicemail appears, then your number is blocked. ☎️
Blocked means you won’t be able to reach the person by phone, and the message won’t be delivered. And there might be multiple reasons from disagreements to misunderstandings, or sometimes unintentional blocking by someone.
But you want to reach out to the person who has blocked you, clear the misunderstanding, and convey important and urgent messages.
Now what? How can you do that? Well, don’t worry, there are several ways you can call someone who blocked your number on iPhone, and Android.
Similarly, you can use alternative methods too to call a blocked number. 📞
So, stick to the end to know how to call a blocked number. Also, make sure to respect privacy and respect their boundaries.
🔑 KEY POINTS
- The simplest solution to call a blocked phone number is either by using a random phone number or using a friend’s phone.
- You can hide your caller ID on iPhone and Android and call the person who has blocked you.
- Leaving voicemail, contacting through social media, using messaging apps, and changing your numbers are some of the additional things you can try.
- Choose a VoIP service like KrispCall that offers call masking features that help to hide your real number and display some other temporary number.
Can you call someone who blocked your number?
Yes, you can call someone who blocked your phone number using different alternatives, but make sure to be respectful and understanding of the person’s decision to block you.
If they’re not responding to your attempts, reach out to them. Then, kindly give them space and respect their boundaries.
How to know if someone blocked your phone number?
Here are some indications that will tell you if someone has blocked your phone number:
- No Response: If you are trying to make a phone call for a long period and the number is not available, engaged, or busy after one ring, then there might be a chance that your number has been blocked.
- Try using a different number: Sometimes, you cannot connect to the phone line due to various network-related issues. So, in that case, try to make a call from a different phone number. if you can connect from another phone number and are unable to connect from your number, then there might be chances you have been blocked.
- Voicemail After One Ring: When you call someone, you hear several rings. if your number is blocked, then you will hear one ring before the voicemail appears.
- Automated Message & No Ring: If your calls get hung up without any rings and automated messages play, then your number is blocked.
How can I call someone who blocked me?
Before we jump in to call someone who has blocked your number, it is important to respect their privacy and avoid spamming calls. You might have been blocked due to personal reasons.
So, if you are looking to convey an important emergency message, then here are some methods, but do not abuse them; otherwise, it might be considered harassment.
1. Hide your caller ID
1.1 Hiding Caller ID on iPhone
Generally, while blocking the number on an iPhone, an iPhone call block blocks the caller ID. So you can easily disable your caller ID on iOS and make calls to blocked numbers.
After disabling your caller ID, the iPhone will hide a person’s phone number when performing a call. The receiver will see it as an “Unknown number” or “Unknown caller.” even if it is blocked.
Note: If your cellular service provider doesn’t allow Show My Caller ID, you won’t be able to disable it.
1.2 Hiding Caller on Android
Just like the iPhone, the call-blocking feature on Android phones also relies on caller ID. So you can hide your caller ID and call the number that has blocked you.
The disabling process may vary from iPhone, but it works the same: the receiving end will receive the calls with an “unknown number” or “no caller ID.
2. Use Random Phone Number/family’s or friend’s phone
If your mobile phone does not have a caller ID hiding feature, then you can use your friend’s phone family’s phone, or even public phones to call the number you have been blocked.
If the receiving end has blocked your number, then you can use another random phone number to reach out to them, apologize, and convey important and emergency messages.
Note: You can also use a landline number to call the person who has blocked your personal number.
3. Dial *67
If you want to call the contact that has blocked your number, then dialing code 67 helps you hide your caller identity and make calls. You can hide your identity by adding 67 before your phone number when initiating a call.
This cellular service replaces your caller ID with an Anonymous ID or private number. This cellular service is available only in the US. So call a blocked number by dialing *67-112233445566
Note: This may work on cell phones and home phones, but it may not work on business phones
4. Change your number
If you are looking to contact someone who has blocked your phone number, then you can simply change your phone number and make a call. You can easily change your phone number; all you have to do is call your phone service provider and request a new number.
Note: Once you change your number, then you cannot go back. Your current number will no longer be accessible.
5. Choose a VoIP service with call masking
If you want to make calls to blocked numbers, then you can use a VoIP service like KrispCall that offers you a call masking feature.
This way, you do not have to change your number, and you can easily call the blocked number. Call masking helps you hide your phone number, and you can easily change your caller ID and call the person who has blocked your number.
How to call someone who blocked you on your iPhone?
To call the person who has blocked you on your iPhone, you can simply change your Caller ID from the settings.
Here are some easy steps to call someone who has blocked you on your iPhone :
Step 1: Open settings on your iPhone.
Step 2: Select the phone option.
Step 3: Scroll down and select the “ Show My Caller ID” option.
Step 4: Click the toggle to hide the caller ID.
Step 5: Start making calls to the person who has blocked your phone number with no caller ID
How to call someone who blocked you on Android?
To call someone who has blocked your phone number on Android, here are some easy steps to change your caller ID and dial a blocked number:
Step 1: Open the dialer app on your Android phone.
Step 2: Click on the three-dot menu at the top right.
Step 3: Then select the setting from the option menu.
Step 4: Tap Additional Settings from the list of options.
Step 5: Click Caller ID, choose Hide number from the pop-up, and wait for the settings to apply.
Bonus Tips to Call Blocked Numbers
Here are some additional tips for calling someone who has blocked your number:
- Leave a voicemail: If you want to contact a person who has blocked your phone number, then you can simply leave a voicemail convincing them. Whenever you call the blocked number, it will ring once, and a voicemail will appear so you can leave them a message. When they receive your message, they will have no choice but to listen to it.
- Send messages using a messaging app: Popular messaging apps, like Telegram, discord, and Signal, allow you to create an account using just a username or email address without requiring a phone number. So you can send important text messages to the person who has blocked you via messaging apps.
- Contact through social media: If a person blocks your phone number, then you can contact them through various social media platforms like Email, Facebook, Instagram, and others, but make sure not to cross boundaries. Don’t spam calls to the person who has restricted calls to your number and respect their boundaries.
Anonymously, call someone who blocked you using KrispCall
If you want to make calls anonymously, then using a call masking feature of KrispCall is a reliable method. With KrispCall’s masking feature, you can hide your real numbers, display temporary numbers, and make calls to blocked numbers.
You can quickly select which profile and number to display on outbound calls. This will help callers to mask their identity and use another caller ID to keep the number safe and private.
Moreover, KrispCall offers features like call routing, call monitoring, call tagging, and various other calling features.
So, hurry up now and get a virtual number from KrispCall and call anonymously with call masking right away.
You can easily call a person’s number that has blocked your number in several ways, but make sure to give them space and respect their boundaries.
The easiest method to call a blocked phone number is either by using a random phone number or using a friend’s phone. Or, if you are using an Android phone or iPhone device, then you can hide your caller ID by the steps mentioned above and perform calling over blocked numbers.
Additionally, if you want to skip the setting processes and directly call the blocked number by hiding or masking your caller ID, then you prefer using the KrispCall virtual phone number and its call masking feature.
Call anonymously to the blocked number without any hassle-free process.
Will the phone still ring if I’m blocked?
Your phone will ring once and go straight to voicemail if you are blocked.
Do block numbers go straight to voicemail?
Yes, the blocked numbers go straight to the voicemail after one ring.
What is *67 used for a cell phone?
*67 is used to hide or change the caller ID on the cell phone while calling a blocked phone number.
Can I leave a voicemail on a blocked number on Android?
Yes, you can leave a voicemail on a blocked number on Android. When you call someone who has blocked your number, the phone will ring once and directly go to voicemail where you can leave a voice message.
Are there any free apps to call someone who blocked you?
Yes, there are free apps to call someone who blocked you, and they are :
- Google Voice
- TextFree App
- Smiley Private Texting
- Text Burner