How to Use Google Voice Without a Phone Number?
- Last Updated: 08 Sep 23
- 6 min read
Are you looking for a way to use Google Voice without a phone number or want but don’t have a US phone number?
Google Voice is a great service that can help you save money on your phone bill, have a single number for all of your communication, and take control of your calls. However, it is only available in the United States, so you need a US phone number to create an account.
If you don’t want to reveal your personal phone number or verify your account due to privacy reasons.
Worry not, In this guide you’ll how different alternative step-by-step methods to use Google Voice without a phone number.
Why does Google Voice need a phone number to sign up?
There are many reasons why Google Voice requires a phone number verification to sign up. Here are a few of them:
- To prevent Fraud: Google Voice stores the data in the Google server so it is a most preferred target for scammers and hackers. So, Google Voice requires phone number verification in order to protect users’s information and make accounts secure and authorized.
- To improve the quality of services: In order to improve the quality of service by keeping spam and fraud away Google Voice needs a phone number to sign up.
- To comply with regulations: Businesses must obtain consumers’ consent before they call them through Google Voice to comply with regulations, such as the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA).
Can you set up Google Voice without a phone number?
Yes, you can set up a Blizzard account without a phone number using a virtual number, temporary number, or a phone number that belongs to a friend/family member.
How to use Google Voice without a phone number?
You can use Google Voice without a phone number by following these alternative methods:
1. Use a Virtual Number to Sign up for Google Voice
To Set up a Google Voice account with a virtual number Firstly, you need to get a virtual phone number from KrispCall and follow the steps below.
- Download the Google Voice app on your iPhone or Android.
- Open the Google Voice app and sign in to your account.
- Select a Google Voice number according to your location or area code.
- After selecting the number link the phone number to your account.
- Link this number to Google Voice
- Enter the Virtual phone number you purchased from KrispCall.
- Enter the verification code sent by Google Voice to verify your account.
Benefits of creating a Google Voice account with a Virtual Number
- It allows Google Voice users access from any location without geographical limitations.
- It helps protect from spam calls and messages.
- Other users won’t have access to your private number.
2. Use a Temporary Number
Using a temporary phone number is also a great alternative to setting up a Google Voice account without using your private phone number.
There are many reputable websites that provide virtual phone numbers such as GetFreeSMSonline and TextVerified. Select a website according to your preference and get a temporary phone number. Also, receive OTP to verify your account.
Download the Google Voice app, use the temporary phone number during the verification step, complete the signup process, and start making calls.
Follow the steps to use temporary phone numbers for your Google Voice account.
- Go to GetFreeSMSonline for a temporary phone number.
- Choose a number and enter the number on the Google Voice.
- Refresh the provider’s page and check for the verification code
- Enter the code, and your Google Voice account is ready.
- Enhance security and ensure privacy
- No long-term commitment needed
- Easily available worldwide
- Protects you from spam calls and messages
- Economical and trustworthy
- Your account details can be accessed by others since one temporary number is shared by many people.
- Google Voice may not let you use a temporary number depending on your region.
- You may miss out on important updates and notifications that were meant to be sent to your phone number.
👉 You May Also Like: How to Get a Virtual Phone Number for Gmail Verification
3. Use Friends/Family Number
Another alternative to set up a Google Voice account if you don’t want to use your personal number or virtual number is to use a Friend/Family member’s phone number. It is the most convenient alternative.
While setting up a Google Voice account without a phone number, you will need to find a friend or family member who is willing to provide you with their phone number. By using this alternative, you can verify and receive the OTP by using your friend/family’s phone number instead of your personal number.
- Most convenient alternative method
- You don’t have to bother using a temporary and virtual phone number
- The private number is kept secure
- Friends and family might get unnecessary messages and notifications from Google Voice on their phones that can hamper their privacy.
- An account linked with someone else number might violate the terms and services of Google Voice.
To conclude, you can use alternative methods like a virtual number, friend/family number, or temporary phone number from websites in order to sign up for the Google Voice App keeping your personal number hidden.
Furthermore, these alternative methods might increase the risk of scams and fraud while protecting your privacy and safety. So, it is necessary to consider your risks while choosing these alternatives.
We recommend you use a virtual number from KrispCall as it offers accessible and affordable service in over 100 countries providing exceptional features and an additional layer of security and privacy
Can I set up Google Voice without a SIM card?
Yes, you can set up Google Voice without a SIM card using a cloud cloud-based virtual number, temporary number, or friend/family’s phone number.
How do I get Google Voice outside the US without a phone number?
You can get Google Voice outside the US without a phone number by:
- Using a VPN(ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfshark)
- Use a temporary US number(GetFreeSMSonline, TextVerified)
- Obtaining a US Virtual number from a trustworthy service provider like KrispCall.
- Ask friends or family.