How to Respond to a Missed Call by Text Professionally?
- Last Updated: 24 Nov 23
- 14 min read
It’s difficult to answer every phone call when you’re in a meeting, during a meal 🍽️ , on a date 🤝, or in your comfort place 🏡.
But, these situations can be handled politely. Understanding and learning the appropriate way of dealing with missed calls can help you a lot.
So, how to respond to a missed call by text and email in the appropriate way so that the second person doesn’t feel awkward calling you next time?
Wait for the END to learn different ways to handle a missed call by text and email through this article with short and sweet missed call text reply samples and examples.
Why Missed Call Texting is a must-have for Business or Anyone?
You might be surprised to learn that :
about 20% of people leave a voicemail, and 80% of missed calls go unanswered.
Despite the several advantages of voicemails, they aren’t quite sufficient nowadays. In such a case, an automatic text message to any customer will help you a lot.
This makes the customer feel like you care about their emotions and they start trusting you. It also makes customers reschedule, book new appointments, or shoot queries even when you’re not available at the moment.
The missed call texting serves as a great way for your staff and customers to stay in touch and establish lasting relationships.
Get Virtual Phone Number for Professional Communication
Get virtual phone numbers to send professional text messages and make business phone calls.
Select numbers :
How to Respond to a Missed Call by Text and Email Professionally?
The way you handle missed calls may give out the first impression. That’s why you need to learn proper business phone etiquette for handling missed calls.
You got to ease the worry people feel after they were unable to reach you on your phone.
If you missed a call, be thoughtful to respond as soon as possible with a brief explanation of why you were unable to answer the phone with a proper apology.
These are some of the protocols and standard words that are commonly used in various aspects of social life.
- Start by apologizing earnestly.
- Give proper reasons if necessary
- Begin to address their issues.
- Let them know you will call back later
- Give alternative ways or ideal times to communicate
Here are the different ways to respond to a missed call by text and email professionally.
1. Foremost apology
Be it in a personal relationship or business relationship, if the person calls you it means they have been thinking of you. Let them know you value them and regret missing their call.
The proper apology will ease their worries and soothe their hurt feelings. You must attach the foremost apology while responding to a missed call by text.
An apology is conveyed for the inconveniences caused by not being able to answer their call right away.
Here are the missed call text message examples you can use:
“I’m sorry that I missed your call.”
“Sorry for not being available at that time.”
“I’m sorry that I couldn’t talk then.”
“I’m sorry that at that moment I was unable to take your call.”
“We are miserable for missing your call.”
👉 Also Read: How to Text on a Disconnected Phone? 💬 📴📵
2. Prompt Response
If you’re truly sorry for missing their call, you should apologize through a good missed call message momentarily. If you miss someone’s call, it’s essential to respond quickly in both business and personal circumstances.
3. Give a Proper Reason
Although it’s not always necessary to give reasons, there are times when giving a proper reason sounds appropriate and beneficial. Share why you were unable to take the call under such circumstances.
Proper reasoning will make them empathize with your position.
“I was driving when you called.”
“I was in a meeting when you called.”
“We were closed for business when you called.”
“We beg pardon for the disoblige, as all of our customer service personnel were busy at the moment.”
4. Begin to Address their Issue
Move on to the most important component of the call: ascertaining why someone phoned. By doing this you are acknowledging that you missed their call.
It’s important to emphasize the present and what they require right now.
“I’m phoning you back.”
“I just checked my phone. Is everything okay?”
“I saw your missed calls. Let me know in what way can I assist you?”
5. Ensure them you will call back later
Even though there’s been a delay between their initial call and your response, ensure them you are always there for a conversation. Let them know you will call back later.
“I’m sorry that I missed your call. Was it urgent? Can I call you back later?”
“Sorry that I wasn’t available at that moment. Can I call you later to talk?”
“I saw your missed call. Let me call you back this afternoon.”
6. Give ideal time for Calling or alternative ways to communicate
Someone may call at a certain time every day because it is convenient for them. That time, though, may not be ideal for you. It’s best to let someone know ahead of time if a specific time is convenient for you.
👍 Read Also: How to Check Old Phone Number Availability Online?
Give them your contact information, such as your email address or social media handles. Send them an email with your contact information after the call so that they have it on hand in case they need to reach you again.
“I’m sorry that I missed your call this morning. Mornings are always busy for me.”
“Sorry that I missed your call. I am leaving my email address here. Please let me know when you’re available.”
“Sorry for the inconvenience. Leave your inquiries on our page/site.”
How to respond a missed call from a manager or boss?
When responding to a missed call from your manager or boss, it’s important to handle the situation professionally.
Here are a few examples you can use to respond to a missed call from your manager or boss:
“Hello [Manager’s Name/Sir], I apologize for missing your call earlier. I understand that you’re busy, but please let me know if there’s anything urgent I can help you with. I’m available to talk now or at your earliest convenience. Thank you.”
“Hi [Manager’s Name/Sir], I’m sorry I missed your call. I understand that you wanted to discuss [Reason for the Call]. Please let me know if there’s anything I can assist you with now or if you’d like to reschedule the call for a later time. Thank you.”
“Good morning/afternoon/evening [Manager’s Name], I’m sorry I missed your call earlier. I’m currently in a meeting, but I’ll be available to speak with you at [specific time]. Please let me know if that works for you or if you’d like to schedule another time. Thank you for your understanding.”
How to respond to missed calls from a recruiter or job interview?
The best way to handle missed calls from employers or recruiters is to remain professional.
Here is an example of what you can say:
“Hello, this is [Your Name]. I’m sorry for missing your call earlier. I understand that you’re with [Company/Recruiting Agency] and wanted to discuss the [Job Position/Interview]. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know the best way to contact you and the most convenient time to schedule a call or a meeting. Thank you for your understanding and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
“Hi [Employer’s Name], this is [Your Name]. I’m sorry I missed your call earlier. Please let me know the best time to call you back, or if it’s more convenient, you can reach me via email at [Your Email Address]. Thank you.”
How to respond a missed call from an unknown number?
A missed call from an unknown number requires caution when responding.
The following examples show how you can respond to a missed call from an unknown number:
“Hello, this is [Your Name]. I received a missed call from this number earlier. May I know who I’m speaking with and the reason for the call, please?”
“Good morning/afternoon/evening, I received a missed call from this number at [Date]. Could you please tell me who you are and the purpose of your call?”
When you answer the phone, make sure to introduce yourself and ask politely for the caller’s name and the reason for the call. If the caller is hesitant to give their name or provide vague information, you may want to end the call and block the number.
If the call is from a potential employer or business contact, you may want to schedule a follow-up call at a later time or ask for their email address to discuss further.
Remember to be polite and cautious when speaking with unknown callers. Don’t give out any personal information or agree to anything without verifying the identity of the caller and their reason for the call.
How to respond to missed calls from Ex-boyfriends and Girlfriends?
Exes are painful. A person to whom once you have given your entire world, now a stranger to you! And trying to contact you again, pursuing a flood of missed calls.
If you ever have thought that “I missed his call should I call him back?” if you have thought so then
First of all, take a seat, get cooled off, and then you can apply these methods before you respond to missed phone calls from ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends.
- Simply Ignore
- Act like you don’t know his/he number
- Answer Casually
- Be Normal, there could be something serious
- Don’t overthink
- Don’t build expectations feeling
- Have light-hearted attitude
- Be straight to them about why they have missed calling you
- Consider being nice
However, if you want to reply then you can use this sample to respond to your ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend’s missed calls by text or email.
For example :
- “I’m sorry I missed your call this morning. I am very busy in the mornings.”
- “I’m sorry I missed your call. Here is my email address. I wish to speak with you as soon as possible.”
- “Sorry for the inconvenience. I can’t be on call right now instead you can message me”
- “I will call you later!”
- “On work, please send me a message.”
- “Sorry I can’t talk right, I am driving.”
- “I am with family or friends.”
Best ways to say sorry I missed your call professionally
When you miss a call, there are many professional ways to apologize. Based on different scenarios, here are some examples of how to say sorry for missing a call.
- “I apologize for missing your call earlier. I was unavailable at the time, but please let me know how I can assist you now.”
- “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your call. If you could please leave me a message or call me back, I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.”
- “I regret that I missed your call. I am currently attending to another matter, but I will return your call promptly.”
- “Please accept my apologies for missing your call. If you could please send me an email or message with the details, I’ll respond as soon as possible.”
- “I apologize for not being available to take your call. If you could let me know the reason for your call, I’ll make sure to address it as soon as possible.”
- If you were in a meeting: “I apologize for missing your call earlier. I was in a meeting at the time, but please let me know how I can assist you now.”
- If you were driving: “I’m sorry I wasn’t able to answer your call. I was driving at the time, but if you could please leave me a message or call me back, I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.”
- If you were in a noisy environment: “I regret that I missed your call. I was in a noisy environment at the time, but I will return your call promptly.”
- If you were on another call: “Please accept my apologies for missing your call. I was on another call at the time, but if you could please send me an email or message with the details, I’ll respond as soon as possible.”
- If you were out of range: “I apologize for not being available to take your call. I was out of range at the time, but if you could let me know the reason for your call, I’ll make sure to address it as soon as possible.”
- If you were on vacation: “I apologize for missing your call. I’m currently on vacation and was unable to answer at the time. If you could please leave me a message or send me an email, I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.”
- If you were in a no-phone zone: “I’m sorry I missed your call. I was in an area with no phone signal at the time, but if you could please leave me a message or call me back, I’ll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible.”
- If you were experiencing technical difficulties: “I regret that I missed your call. I was experiencing technical difficulties with my phone at the time, but I will return your call promptly.”
- If you were experiencing a personal emergency: “Please accept my apologies for missing your call. I had a personal emergency that I needed to attend to, but if you could let me know the reason for your call, I’ll make sure to address it as soon as possible.”
- If you were in a different time zone: “I apologize for not being available to take your call. I’m currently in a different time zone, but if you could please send me an email or message with the details, I’ll respond as soon as possible.”
Benefits of responding to a missed call by text
Should I text after a missed call? 🤔
And the answer is a big YES because handling missed calls by text is the chance to mend the communication between two parties.
- Shows you value the other party reaching out to you.
- Helps to win a customer you might have lost.
- No complaints about you being difficult to reach.
- Better relationship
- Get to know the customer
- No missed opportunities
- Soothes worries of the caller
Responding to a missed call by text reinforces that you would have welcomed their call at another point.
When you send a suitable text response to a missed call, it emphasizes that you acknowledge the other person and that you would have picked up their call if it weren’t for certain circumstances.
There are standards for responding to missed calls and these missed call text sample examples show the proper words you should be including in your texts.
KrispCall is an online phone system where you can set customized and standard text message responses as well as voicemails that keep you informed and connected. You Can also buy more than 100+ countries’ cheap Virtual Phone Numbers with KrispCall.
Schedule a free demo to learn more about KrispCall and its amazing features. Or you can try out the product yourself to explore its advanced calling and messaging capabilities. KrispCall offers a free demo, so you won’t have to worry about the price to get started.