How to Create a Squareup Account Without a Phone Number?
- Last Updated: 27 Sep 23
- 11 min read
Do you want to join the world of Sqaureup but don’t have a phone number to authenticate your business account?
If so, there’s a long line of people looking for viable answers! Don’t worry we’ve got not one but multiple alternative solutions exclusively for you.
The tough part to take care of is that it is a must to use a legitimate phone number to make a Squareup account and then verify it. This can prove to be problematic if you do not have a phone number or do not want to use your personal number.
In this blog, we will introduce you to the nuts and bolts of creating an account on Sqaureup without a phone number using every possible alternative method, along with their pros and cons.
This is going to be a quick one, so let’s get started!
What is Squareup?
Squareup, or Square Point of Sale app, is a payment application that is specially designed for small businesses with their needs as a focal point.
It is built to help small firms with their inventory management, tracking employees, and, lastly, selling their products and services to customers anytime, anywhere, in a way that their customers want to buy.
Moreover, it has some other innovative features, like receiving payments from any device, analytics on the app dashboard, a directory for customer management, customized payment receipts and invoicing, an offline mode, and finally, creating an e-commerce store on the app’s platform.
What are the benefits of Squareup?
The Squareup app is an easy-to-use and set-up app that enables businesses to create an account and receive payments within minutes. The app is visionary and has some unique benefits that precisely cater to the growth of small businesses. Some of them are:
- Unparalleled flexibility that allows clients to sell products online, in-store, or both.
- All the information about sales, inventory, and customers in a single intuitive dashboard.
- Integration with third-party apps to streamline workflow and save time.
- 24/7 seller support and communities to share and get insights whenever needed
- Secure payment processing with robust data encryption.
Why Some People Hesitate to Register on Squareup with their Personal Number?
- Anonymity: Some users naturally want to maintain a level of personal anonymity and do not want to associate their private number with Squareup.
- Data Breaches: Secondly, frequent data breaches cause people to worry about their privacy and security.
- Unwanted Telemarketing: Another reason is that some users do not want to be bothered with telemarketing calls, so they avoid using their personal numbers.
- Privacy concerns: Following that, we have concerns about the security of personal information, making people hesitate to use their personal numbers to sign up.
- Business concerns: Last but not least, some people do not want their personal numbers to be used for business purposes.
Can you Make a Squareup account without a phone number?
Yes, it is possible to create a Squareup account without a phone number. If you don’t want to use your mobile number for Squareup signup, you can try the approaches mentioned below.
The following methods can be used to create an account:
- Using a virtual phone number
- Use a temporary number
- Use a friend/family number to sign up
Get a Virtual Phone Number for Squareup Verification
Verify your Squareup account from anywhere with virtual number and keep your details private.
Select numbers :
How to Get a Virtual Phone Number for Squareup Verification?
Cloud-based virtual phone numbers are easy to get and can be obtained in a few minutes. Follow these steps to acquire a virtual number:
- Choose the best virtual number provider, like KrispCall.
- Create an account and log in to the Dashboard.
- Select your preferred country virtual number.
- Make payments by choosing a payment option.
- If required, submit the required documents.
Now, you can use your virtual phone number to create an account on Squareup after completing the above steps.
How to Make a New Squareup Account With a Virtual Number?
If you do not want to use your private number for signup on Squareup, a virtual phone number is the go-to solution; you sign up the same way you sign up for a regular number; the only difference is that you receive your verification code through your virtual number.
The steps below will show you how to create an account on Signup once you have a cloud phone number.
- Go to Squareup’s official website, click on the sign-in button at the top right,
- Choose signup, this will lead you to the account creation dashboard, here, enter your email, set a strong password, click to tick on the I agree box, and finally, click continue.
- In the next panel, you will have to provide your business’s information as well as a phone number and click the next button on the top right.
- Following that, describe the type of business you run, the name of your business, as well as its address, and then skip the following segments or fill them as you wish.
- When you land on the “verify your mobile number” interface, enter the virtual number you just acquired, click on the send code button, and then enter the verification code to verify your identity.
- Lastly, complete the verification procedure by entering your personal and business details, SSN/ ITIN & setting up your payment method, and clicking on the verify button.
- Your Square account is now ready to be used for your business.
Benefits of using a virtual number for Squareup signup
Virtual numbers are advantageous for Squareup users for several reasons, including:
- Privacy: The most significant benefit of using a virtual number for Square signup is the security and privacy of personal information offered. It can help you avoid unwanted calls and texts on your personal number.
- Professionalism: The second significant benefit is a more professional image of your business. You can have separate numbers for personal and professional needs. This will make it easier for customers to remember and contact your business.
- Flexibility: Following that, we have the flexibility offered by virtual numbers to businesses. It is an ideal option if your business is remote or has a scattered employee base, and let’s connect with anyone anywhere in the world via the Internet.
- Portability: The next one is the portability option. If you or your business relocates to a different area, there’s no need to switch to a new phone number provider. A cloud phone number makes it possible for everyone to keep in touch.
- Affordability: Lastly is its cost-effectiveness. Virtual numbers are typically more affordable than traditional phone numbers. This can be a great way to save money on your business phone bill.
Alternative Ways to Register a Squareup Account Without a Phone Number
Are you looking for another way to create a Squareup account without a phone number or virtual number?
You can also use one of the below-mentioned alternatives to create an account on Squareup:
Method 1: Use Temporary Number
Another suitable alternative method is to use a temporary number to sign up on Squareup. It is a simple and easy go-to alternative if you don’t want to use your private number or a virtual number.
The first thing that you need to do is get yourself a temporary number from a trustworthy website like GetFreeSMSonline and follow the steps below:
- Acquire a temporary phone number
- Go to Squareup’s official website, go through the signup process, and enter the number for verification.
- Check for the verification code by refreshing the provider’s page and using it.
- After entering the code, providing your information, and completing the verification process, your Square account will be ready.
- You don’t have to provide your number, so it provides more security.
- Keeps you safe from spam calls and messages
- As it offers services internationally, it is easy to use when traveling
- The number may be shared and used by multiple people
- Temporary number providers do not guarantee lifelong services
- Those who share temporary numbers may have access to your business’s data
Method 2: Use Friends/Family Numbers
Now, if you do not want to use a virtual number or a temporary number to sign up on Squareup, the last possible method is to use a phone number from one of your friends or family members.
To get started, all you have to do is find someone willing enough to lend their phone number to you for account creation. There is no difference in the account creation procedure, and it’s just like using your private number or a virtual number.
- Easily available.
- No foreign support is needed.
- Compared to other methods, this is the most straightforward one.
- If the number is lost, account recovery is not possible.
- You will have to find some trustworthy to give their number to you.
The bottom line is that if you don’t wish to use your private phone number to create an account on Squareup, you have alternative methods like a virtual phone number, a temporary number, or a number from someone you know at your disposal.
Even though these methods can help you create a Square account without a phone number and keep your privacy, it is important that you consider the risks and consequences associated with them.
If, in case you decide to use a virtual phone number to Squareup Sign up without a phone number, we recommend that you purchase one from KrispCall. In addition to offering virtual phone numbers in more than 100 countries, KrispCall offers excellent 24/7 customer service and exciting plans and features.
How to access Squareup without a phone number or email?
You can easily access your Squareup without your phone number or email by using a virtual number or other alternative methods like using a temporary number or a number from a friend/family member.
How long does it take to create a Squareup account using alternative methods?
Creating a Squareup account using alternative methods is just the same as creating one with the conventional method. However, you should be vigilant about the legitimacy of the virtual number or temporary number, as some of them can be a scam.
Will I receive all the necessary notifications and updates without a phone number from Sqaureup?
You can still receive all the necessary notifications and updates on the email address that you used for signup or the mobile app itself from Squareup if you don’t have access to your registered phone number.
Can anyone get a Square account?
Yes, anyone can get a Square account as long as they provide a valid mailing address, SSN or ITIN, bank details, correct individual name, and date of birth for account creation and verification on the Squareup website.
Can I have 2 Square accounts?
Yes, you can definitely have 2 Square accounts and manage them for different businesses from different locations that too on the same app and device. All you need to do is create separate accounts on Square using unique information for each, and then log into one of those and start utilizing Sqaure’s services anytime.