Phone Number for Dating: Everything You Need to Know
- Last Updated: 16 Oct 23
- 12 min read
When it comes to dating, are you familiar with the role of phone numbers and how safe they are?
You might be wondering if you shared your personal phone number over your dating sites, then you would be harassed and scammed, and your personal life would be in danger, no, it is not true.
Yes, different people use dating apps with different intentions, so it’s your duty to be safe if you use this app with app guidelines, then you can be safer and away from scams, harassment, or privacy violations.
In this blog, you will find out everything about phone number for dating, why it is significant, how to use them safely, risks, benefits, and the top dating apps in 2023 so that you can easily find your perfect match and start safe dating.
What is a Phone Number for Dating?
A phone number for dating is a personal mobile number that is shared with someone whom you meet online through various dating apps. A phone number is a must to connect with a loved one via dating apps and build a relationship.
The exchange of phone numbers helps to build better communication via text messaging and calls. It helps two people connect with each other and build a stronger bond.
Benefits of Using a Phone Number For Dating
To build a strong connection outside the dating app, using a phone number is important. Here are some benefits of using a phone number for dating:
- Direct and Immediate Communication: Using a phone number allows you to have a real-time conversation with your date. Also, it enables immediate communication via text messages and phone calls and creates better bonding outside the dating app.
- Building a Deeper Connection: Dating apps connect you to potential dates through text messaging, but by exchanging phone numbers, you will be able to communicate on a personal level, express your feelings, set up dates, build trust, and connect emotionally.
- Privacy and Comfort: When two people exchange their phone numbers, it takes a relationship to a new level, creating a sense of trust, privacy, and comfort. Compared to texting, sharing phone numbers can also be more personal. It also gives both parties a chance to get to know each other better and form a stronger connection.
Get Secured Second Phone Number for Dating Online
Obtain high security phone numbers for dating and start bulding relationship.
Select numbers :
- Verification: On dating apps, there are many fake IDs, so verifying the person, the person’s identity, and the interest-sharing number plays a crucial role. You’ll get to hear each other’s voices and intentions and confirm whether the person is genuinely interested or not.
- Convenience for Planning Dates: Using a phone number helps two parties to get connected on a new level. As you can contact directly with each other, you can plan and set up dates via phone calls and get to know each other more.
Why Do People Hesitate to Register on Dating Sites with Their Private Phone Number?
- Privacy concerns: Privacy violations have become increasingly common, causing concern among all of us. People are hesitant to share their personal numbers on dating sites because they might be vulnerable to unwanted calls and harassment, which disrupts their personal space or privacy. People have rightfully become cautious about sharing their private numbers to protect their personal information, like their legal identity and identity.
- Anonymity Preference: Since some people prefer to maintain anonymity when dating online, people are more conscious of using their phone numbers these days. When they use a phone number, they might be linked to their real identity, which may not be comfortable for them at first. To keep their identity hidden and remain private, they are reluctant to use personal phone numbers.
- Stalking and Harassment: Sharing a number with someone you met on a dating app is risky. When you share your phone number with a random person online, you can be vulnerable to stalking and harassment, which might disrupt your privacy.
- Safety: Sharing personal phone numbers on dating sites, People worry about their safety when sharing their phone numbers online. They fear that someone they meet on a dating site might misuse their phone number or even use it to track their location.
- Unwanted Communication: Some people may misuse your phone number, and you may be a victim of unwanted communication and harassing communication. Some people do not respect boundaries and disturb your privacy.
- Scams and Fraud: Some individuals may use dating apps with the intent to engage in scams, romance scams, or fraudulent activities. Sharing your phone number can make you vulnerable to such schemes.
How to Get a Phone Number for Safe Online Dating?
If you are willing to use a phone number for dating but do not want to use it due to privacy and safety, then using a virtual number from a reputable virtual number provider like KrispCall is the best idea.
To get a phone number for dating:
- Select a reliable virtual phone number provider like KrispCall.
- Sign up for an account and log in with the credentials.
- Select the left-hand panel on the Dashboard and click on the “+” sign beside “NUMBERS.“
- Choose your preferred country and number type (e.g., toll-free, local, mobile, etc.)
- Click on “Buy Number,” enter a name for the number, and click on the “Add to Cart” button.
- In the top-right corner, click the “Cart” button, and then click “Confirm Purchase” in the pop-up window that opens.
Top 5 Best Dating Apps in 2023 for Safe Dating
Launched in 2012, Tinder is the first dating app for casual hookups, casual conversations, and building relationships. Tinder helps build connections and easily find your life partner over a dating app. Tinder is easy to use; it provides a list of people, and you must swipe right or left.
If you are interested, swipe right if not interested, swipe right, match with each other, and start chatting. Also, recently, Tinder added a “Type of Relationship” feature to help you find matches based on your preferences.
Features of Tinder
- Profile creation
- Match Messaging
- Tinder Plus
- Tinder Gold
- Easy interface
- A match does not expire
- Mutual interest matching
- You can add your interests
- Misleading profiles
- Limited profile information
- Inappropriate messages
- Free version available: Yes
- Monthly subscription cost: $8( premium version)
Bumble is an online dating site that helps to find connections and build a relationship. The user-friendly site is easy to use: you just have to swipe left if you are not interested, and if you are interested, swipe right to match each other and build a connection.
It is the best dating app for bold women here; women initiate communication. With a chatting feature, you can get to know each other better, set a date, and build a relationship.
Features of Bumble
- Women initiate the first move
- Bumble BFF
- Bumble Bizz
- Snooze Mode
- Travel Mode
- Incognito Mode
- Increases women’s control
- Provides Bumble BFF to connect and meet friends
- Users can specify their dating goals and interests
- Matches expire in one day
- Pressure on women
- Free version available: Yes
- Monthly subscription cost: $40
Hinge is a popular online dating application that helps to find matches according to similarity in profile and interest.
Over the years, Hinge has added dozens of features to help you find people who like what you’re interested in also, it uses an algorithm to recommend potential matches based on your preferences and location. This helps to filter out dates, choose the one you like, start texting, and build connections.
Features of Hinge
- Premium feature
- Like and comment
- Video Prompt
- Detailed profile to find the perfect match
- You can see who liked your profile
- Limitation on likes per day
- Premium service
- You have to add three prompts
- Monthly subscription cost: $10
- Free version available: Yes
The former social networking website and application Okcupid is a top US-based dating platform. OkCupid allows users to find a potential match based on their compatibility factor or preference.
Founded in 2004, this dating site has a unique way of matchmaking, it consists the features like multiple-choice questions to match better and connect better. It also has premium features that allow you to check who visited your profile, free ad browsing, and advanced search to find the right match.
Features of Okcupid
- Profile creation
- Unique matchmaking
- Incognito mode
- Premium A-list
- Double take
- Detailed profile
- Greater audience
- Free basic features
- Premium features
- Limitation on likes
- The monthly Subscription costs $44.99
- Three-month subscription costs $23.33
- Six-month subscription costs $14.99
5. Plenty of Fish
Founded in 2003, Plenty of Fish (POF) is a famous Canadian dating app or site that allows people to find a perfect match and start dating. This dating app allows dating in 9 different languages also, its better matchmaking algorithm helps match better based on their interests.
This dating site provides better security and paid features with which you can get more access to this site, enjoy its robust features, and find a perfect connection.
Features of Plenty of Fish
- Chemistry predictor
- Ultra match
- Meet me
- Wider user base
- Simple onboarding
- Detailed profile
- Mobile app
- Premium features are not free
- Cannot link to social media
- Quality of matches
- Starting price $19.99 per month
How to use a phone number for dating safely?
Using the following guidelines, you can use your personal number safely for dating apps:
1. Don’t overshare your personal information
Be cautious while sharing your sensitive personal information. Don’t share personal information like full name, address, workplace, or location; you can be in danger with this information, and privacy might be disturbed.
2. Use of Temporary Number
If you want to add an extra layer of security, then using a temporary number is the best solution. If you are uncomfortable sharing your personal number on dating websites, then you can use a temporary number or masked phone number to keep your identity hidden and avoid scams and fraud. Also, you can use a burner phone or a disposable phone.
4. Verify whether the person is genuine or not
In this dating app, people have different intentions, some people intend to misuse this platform. So, for your safety, verifying a person’s intention is a must before setting up a date. Know the other’s party intentions and expectations, communicate or even do video calls or social media profile conformation before sharing personal information.
5. Block and Report
Don’t hesitate to use the block and report features these dating apps offer. If you feel unsafe, forced, or harassed, immediately block or report the user and remain safe.
6. Be Cautious of Scams
While using your real phone number for dating, avoid monetary transitions or sharing financial formation with the person you meet online they may be scams. So be safe from these traps and keep your phone locked using a secure PIN to prevent unauthorized access.
Online Dating Tips: Do’s & Don’t
Online dating is not that difficult. To connect with the right partner and build a strong relationship, here are some does and done tips for online dating:
- Go through the profile and description clearly.
- Provide genuine information about yourself, and showcase your personality using better photos.
- Find Common interests to discuss, and make sure the person is compatible.
- Prioritize your safety. Meet in public, don’t overshare personal information.
- Take Time, and set boundaries.
- Report suspicious activity.
- Dont rush into a relationship, take your time.
- Dont ignore safety measures or guidelines.
- Be respectful do not discriminate, harass, or be disrespectful.
- Dont do monetary transactions or disclose your financial matters.
To sum up, when necessary safety measures are taken, using a personal phone number for dating is safe. It does not necessarily mean that if you use your personal phone number, you will be harassed, scammed, or fall victim to any cybercrime you just have to use it with safety, keeping your personal information safe.
Sharing phone numbers in dating apps can be very good for building a deeper connection, getting to know each other better, and setting up dates. So, instead of avoiding using phone numbers, take the necessary safety steps and start connecting better and find the right match for you.
Which dating apps don’t need a phone number?
There are plenty of dating sites, but most of them require a phone number to get registered. Some of the site and app which doesn’t require phone number are:
- Plenty of Fish (POF)
Can someone find you on a dating site with your phone number?
Yes, you can be found on dating sites if your number is listed on your profile. Users can search for matches on some dating apps by number and location, so with your phone number you can be found. If you want to remain anonymous on dating sites, adjust the settings of your app or use an alternative contact.