How to get a Corporate Phone Number? – An Easy Guide
- Last Updated: 18 Oct 23
- 10 min read
Is your company struggling to grow due to a lack of effective communication? Or are you looking for ways to reduce your phone expenses? Want a cost-effective business phone number with features that meet your business needs?
In that case, a Corporate Virtual Phone Number is your only best option.
There should be no hesitation for a business to discover and adopt newer ways to manage its communications more efficiently and affordably. For this reason, business owners shouldn’t overlook the benefits of including virtual phone numbers in their marketing campaigns.
No matter the niche of your business, you must have a corporate phone number to streamline your business communication, build strategy, provide better customer service, and develop a better customer experience.
But how? Scroll down to learn how to get a virtual phone number for your business to achieve your goals in national and International markets.
What is a corporate phone number?
A Corporate Number is a non-geographic number allocated to a Communications Provider to assign the number to a particular Customer. The term ‘Customer’ means the company’s corporate office or headquarters
It is used to contact the company for various reasons, such as information, complaints, or marketing. Corporate phone numbers can be found in several ways, including the Company Website, Retail Location, Press Release, ECorporateOffices.com, and more.
Why do businesses need a corporate phone number?
In the first place, you should always be available by phone during normal business hours. It may be a good idea to separate your personal and business calls. Your clients, vendors, and customers will appreciate your professionalism if you separate work and personal life.
Furthermore, Here are some explanations of why businesses need a corporate phone number:
- Professionalism: A business phone number indicates professionalism and credibility. As a result, it demonstrates that the company is established and serious about its operations.
- Privacy: Using a personal telephone number for business purposes may compromise privacy and disentangle the lines between personal and professional activities.
- Features: Business phones come with several features like auto-attendants, call forwarding and voicemail. Using these features can improve the customer experience and help manage calls more efficiently.
- Credibility: Customers prefer a business phone number that provides a direct line to the company. Besides showing a local presence, it can also demonstrate a national and international presence
- Customer service: A business phone number makes it easier for customers, clients, and vendors to contact personnel during regular business hours.
- Marketing: Business phone numbers can be used on business cards, websites, advertisements, and for tracking marketing campaigns.
What are the types of corporate phone numbers?
You can get four types of corporate phone numbers; they are explained below:
1. Local Phone Numbers
A local phone number is specific to a particular geographical location so that customers can recognize and trust it. Compared to other options, these numbers are more affordable and help establish a local presence. Nevertheless, local numbers may not be suitable for businesses that target a nationwide audience.
2. Toll-free Numbers
Toll-free numbers allow your customers to contact your business without incurring any charges. For companies seeking to establish a strong national brand, these numbers are an excellent option.
3. Vanity Numbers
Vanity numbers are similar to toll-free numbers, but they incorporate the alphabet and digits to create a custom number. It is easy for the audience to remember these keyword started numbers. A vanity number represents a brand and can be created by business owners.
4. Virtual Phone Numbers
Virtual phone numbers are telephone numbers not tied to a physical location or a cellular service. Instead, it is provided by VoIP service providers and uses the internet to make calls. This technology enables users to make and receive calls without installing a traditional desk phone line in their homes or offices. You can make calls from any device with an internet connection, including mobile phones, laptops, PCs, and tablets.
How to get a corporate phone number easily?
You can get business phone numbers from different providers. However, you can find it difficult and get confused about what type of number you need according to the size of your business and which provider to choose.
Here are the steps you can follow to get a corporate phone number easily:
- Choose a corporate phone number provider like KrispCall
- Sign Up to their account and log into the dashboard.
- Select your desired phone number (local, toll-free)
- Submit Required Documents
Top 3 Corporate Phone Number Providers in 2023
Our research based on features pricing and uptime shows the top 3 choices for corporate phone number providers are here.
KrispCall is the best corporate phone number provider for businesses of all sizes. It presents a top-tier softphone option at a competitive price point, catering seamlessly to businesses with all size and teams.
KrispCall’s softphone offers specialized business solutions tailored to different business needs. Among the powerful tools it offers are sales automation systems, as well as comprehensive offerings like contact center software, all at a reasonable price.
KrispCall’s dashboard also enhances collaboration between internal teams and client communication. Regardless of a company’s size, an array of services is provided, all of which contribute to the company’s enhanced operational effectiveness.
With a global customer base exceeding 2000 customers, KrispCall’s application dashboard delivers its services in more than 100 countries.
- Unified callbox
- Simultaneous Call Handling
- Call Monitoring
- Call transfer
- Voicemail Transcription
- Call history
- Essential: $15 per user per month
- Standard: $40 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact the support team
- A great IVR for distributing calls
- A great support team
- Monitoring live calls
- Availability in over 100 countries
- The app is not available for Mac or Windows
- The call barging feature will be available soon
Ooma accompanies KrispCall’s alternative in our ratings of both the Best Business Phone Systems.
Over 50 standard features are also included in Ooma’s plans, including a mobile app, ring groups, virtual receptionists, and unlimited calling in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Businesses can access a comprehensive set of PBX features, such as audio conferencing, call recording, and video conferencing. From their homes, remote team members can effectively complete office tasks.
Ooma offers seamless integration with CRM systems but does not support integration with Gmail or Outlook. Moreover, certain performance issues affect the smooth functioning of its mobile application.
- Hot desking
- Video conferencing
- Virtual receptionist
- Call queuing
- Voicemail transcription
- CRM integration
- Essential: $19.95 per user monthly
- Pro: $24.95 per user monthly
- Pro plus:$29.95 per user monthly
- It is easy to set up and use
- Support for live chat
- Easy-to-use features
- No free trial
- $30 activation fee
- Limited integration
3. GoTo Connect
GoTo Connect is another option you can use for VoIP Business Phone Systems. It offers Local or toll-free phone numbers, Video meetings for up to four participants, and some other basic integrations.
Your employees can make calls from anywhere with an internet connection using GoTo Connect Voip. With just a few mouse clicks, GoTo Connect can be installed and maintained on your phone system.
With many features, Larger companies with complex communication requirements might find this provider useful.
- Omnichannel Communication
- SIP Trunking
- Real-Time Chat
- Real-Time Reporting
- Basic: $324.00 per year
- Standard: $384.00 per year
- Premium: $516.00 per year
- Rooms for free conferences
- Easy to add hardware
- Good call quality
- The user interface is difficult to learn
- Integration with CRM is limited
- Softphone needs to be improved
How much does a corporate phone number cost?
Corporate phone number prices vary depending on the type and features of the virtual number, the need and size of your business, and the service provider’s subscription fee.
An average corporate phone number costs between $15 and $516 per month, depending on the plan. As the price increases, the features and benefits improve. Choose the plan that fits your budget based on your needs
Tips to choose the right Corporate Phone Number
You can find it difficult to choose a professional phone number for your business, as numerous features and choices exist. To simplify your issue, here are some tips you can follow before choosing the corporate phone number.
- Start the process before you begin advertising: Before advertising your business, choose a phone number. By doing this, you’ll avoid having to change your phone number later
- Identify your goals for the number: You should consider how you will use your phone number. Do you need conference calling features? Voicemail? Extensions? Depending on what features you need, you can choose different types of business phone numbers
- Choose the local area code of the city near you: Your business might benefit from using a local area code to give the impression that you are a local company. If, however, you have clients from around the world, you may need to provide an international number to them.
- Keep it simple and memorable: Customers will remember your business if your phone number is simple and memorable. Choose a number with repeating digits or patterns
- Decide on the type of business phone number needed: You can get local numbers, toll-free numbers, or vanity numbers for your business. Identify the best type of number for your type of business
- Have backup choices: Just in case your first choice number isn’t available, it’s always good to have several alternatives
- Choose a reputable provider: Make sure the provider offers reliable service and good customer service. Check their user reviews, features, pricing, and uptime, and compare with providers.
To sum up, getting a corporate number is not only a wise business decision but a necessary move to ensure that your business flourishes in the present competitive market
Thus, it is important to understand your business needs, type of phone number, and research providers before buying a business number to modify your business anywhere in the world.
So get started today and flourish your business with great communication features of corporate numbers and achieve your business goals!
If you want to take your business communication to the next level, you should try KrispCall. KrispCall makes connecting with your customers, partners, and stakeholders easy.
Get local and international phone numbers from 100+ with KrispCall today and transform how your business communicates.
1. Why do I need a corporate phone?
Businesses need a corporate phone number to build a professional image and credibility. Maintaining privacy is also easier with separate business and personal calls. Customer satisfaction and dispute resolution can also be improved with a business phone number.
2. Should I use my personal phone number for business?
No, Personal phone numbers should never be used for business, as they can cause confusion and privacy concerns. A business phone number helps to maintain a professional image and keeps personal and business calls separate.
3. How to get a corporate phone number for a company?
You can easily get business phone numbers. Select the right service provider who can provide you with your desired number, choose the appropriate pricing plan, and pay regularly (usually every month).