877 Area Code: Location, Scam or Legit, How to get 877 Toll-Free Number?
- Last Updated: 28 Aug 23
- 7 min read
Does your phone ring with a mysterious 877 area code number times and often? And when you receive a call, have you ever wondered where calls come from or their purpose?
Look no further!
This blog post will delve into the secrets of the area code 877 phone number, including its location, time zone, whether it is legitimate or a scam, countries that use the 877 code, its benefits for business, and many more.
What is the 877 Area Code?
877 area code is a toll-free number employed by businesses in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) category to allow customers to contact them whenever they desire for free.
|Phone Number Format||+1 877 XXX – XXXX (Eg: +1 (877)-FLOWERS )|
|Location||All countries included in NANP|
|Standard Time Zone||Varies depending on the countries|
|Major Countries||All countries in NANP|
|Major States||All states in NANP|
|Major Cities||All cities in NANP|
|Is Number Toll-Free?||Yes|
|Are Scams Reported?||Sometimes|
|Average Number Cost||$5|
|Zip Code||Not associated with a particular zip code|
Who Uses The 877 Area Code?
877 area code is used by businesses (from small to large-scale industries) that receive hundreds of business calls from their customers daily. For example, XYZ company uses 877 area code toll-free numbers ( +1 877 XXX XXXX) to facilitate quick and easy communication with prospects about their products, services, and customer support.
Moreover, it allows businesses to boost their brand awareness nationally and internationally.
Where is the 877 Area Code Located?
The 877 area code is located in the United States, Canada, some parts of the Caribbean Sea, and a few islands of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. Unlike other kinds of phone numbers, the 877 area code toll-free numbers are independent of specific area code locations.
Instead of being tied to a single city, region, or country, the 877 area code number covers all 20 North American Numbering Plan (NANP) countries. Anyone in these locations can access toll-free numbers.
So, Which countries use the 877 area code?
All countries in the North American Numbering Plan (NANP) use the 877 area code including
- United States
- Antigua & Barbuda
- The British Virgin Islands
- The Cayman Islands
- The Dominican Republic
- Sint Maarten
- St. Kitts and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- Turks & Caicos.
Where Is Area Code 877 Calling From?
Area code 877 is calling from businesses in NANP countries. Hence, you can assume you are getting calls from either USA, Canada, or parts of the Caribbean Sea, Atlantic, and Pacific Ocean if your phone rings with 877 prefix numbers.
877 area code keeps calling me. Should I answer it?
Yes, you can answer calls from the 877 area code phone number because it is legitimate. It is from the North American businesses in the NANP category. But sometimes scammers use the 877 area code number to perform scam activities so always check their identity before giving any important information.
What is the 877 Area Code Time Zone?
877 area code time zone isn’t associated with a particular time zone. The time zone of 877 toll-free numbers varies with countries. The only thing you can be sure of when you receive a call from the 877 area code is that it may be from the countries in the NANP category.
How to get an 877 Toll-Free Number?
Follow these steps to get an 877 area code toll-free number:
- Select the best virtual number provider and create an account.
- Select 877 as the area code from their telephone number directory.
- Select the preferred number.
- Make payment.
KrispCall stands out as the best virtual number provider among many available providers. It provides toll-free numbers at a low cost with top-notch features like HD Voice over Internet Protocol(VoIP) calling quality, call routing, integration, voicemail, etc.
Get 877 Area Code Number Instantly.
Get 877 area code toll free numbers for your business today!
Select numbers :
Benefits of +1 877 Toll-Free Numbers For Businesses
The benefits of +1 877 toll-free numbers for businesses are listed below:
- Enhanced customer accessibility: +1 877 prefix phone number allow callers to reach business instantly. And when customers know they aren’t liable to pay phone charges, customers become more interested in making a business call more often to inquire about the products and services. It helps to enhance customer accessibility.
- Create a professional image: 877 area code toll-free numbers creates the image of your business as a professional and reliable one. It helps increase your business’s market reach by allowing customers to call you without long-distance incurring charges.
- Easy to remember: You can customize toll-free numbers by adding letters to them. For example, +1 (877) FLOWERS. As a result, customers remember this number quickly and can make a call without remembering the last seven digits.
- Increase brand recognition: The flexibility to include alphabets in toll-free numbers helps increase brand recognition. You can add your company name on the toll-free numbers—for example, +1 877 CONNECT. Customers know your business name just by looking at your phone number.
- International reach: 877 area code toll-free numbers are available in 20 North American countries of the NANP. Hence, it allows businesses to expand their reach beyond borders and into international markets. Moreover, it enables prospects from various locations to call your business for free.
Is 877 a legitimate area code or a scam?
The 877 is a legitimate area code. It is commonly used by Americans, Canadians, parts of the Caribbean, the British Virgin Islands, and The Cayman Islands businesses to allow prospects to call them without incurring long-distance phone charges. Therefore, you can receive calls from the 877 area code phone number without worrying about being scammed.
How much does an 877 toll-free number cost?
The average cost of the 877 toll-free number is around $5. However, the price varies with providers and the features they include. In the case of KrispCall, you can get 877 toll-free numbers at $4.
What is a text from the 877 area code number?
A text from the 877 area code number refers to the text/ SMS received from the toll-free phone number with 877 prefixes. It can be from the North American businesses of the NANP.
Where is area code 877 in the USA?
Area code 877 is in all the states and cities in the USA.
Can I get 877 area code numbers outside the USA and Canada?
Yes, you can get 877 area code numbers outside the USA and Canada. Find the providers that provide 877 area code numbers and buy from them. KrispCall is the best 877 area code number provider. KrispCall provides 877 area code toll-free numbers with features like call forwarding and voicemail.
Can I send and receive text messages with my 877 number?
Yes, you can send and receive text messages with your 877 number. It is important to note that your 877 phone number must have a text message feature to compose and receive text messages.