Call Center Wallboard: A Comprehensive Guide to Turn Data into Action
- Last Updated: 13 Feb 24
- 14 min read
Are you eager to optimize your call center’s performance📈 and improve customer satisfaction?
Look no further than our comprehensive guide on Call Center Wallboard Software! 👋
In this blog, you will learn about the fundamentals of a call center wallboard, its benefits, essential KPIs and metrics to display in your wallboard, the best contact center wallboard service provider, and many more.
🔑 Key Highlights
- Call Center Wallboard is a dynamic display system that shows real-time metrics, graphs, and notifications for teams, agents, and managers.
- The benefits of the Call Center Wallboard are Real-time insights, Simplified Goal Setting, Analyze Agent performance, Monitoring all metrics in a single location, and many more.
- KPIs metrics of the contact center wallboard are: Call Volume, Average Handling Time, First Contact Resolution Rate, Customer Satisfaction Scores, Call Abandonment Rate, and many more.
- KrispCall is the best call center wallboard software as it provides exceptional features and functionality.
- You can also consider LiveVox for customizable wallboards.
Let’s get started. 🚀
What is a Call Center Wallboard?
Call Center Wallboard is an interactive visual display system used in call centers that provides real-time data and performance metrics of teams, agents, and managers through graphs, notifications, and crucial statistics. It is also known as the Contact Center Wallboard or Performance Management Dashboard.
Both inbound and outbound contact centers can manage Contact Center Wallboard Software to establish measurable objectives and monitor activities.
You can customize these wallboards according to specific departments or agents, chosen metrics, and different kinds of reports.
What are the Benefits of Using Call Center Wallboards?
A Contact Center Wallboard is an asset to your business. Some of the key benefits are:
1. Real-time insights and Simplified Goal Setting
Call Center Wallboards display the contact center’s KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) such as call volume, wait times, agent availability, and more in real-time. It monitors agent status and team activity effectively.
This helps to make quick decisions and adjustments to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the call center’s operation.
With contact center wallboards, managers can easily set goals for their teams🎯, which helps to reduce average waiting times. It helps agents and supervisors to track the progress and stay focused on achieving objectives.
2. Boost Agent Motivation
Initially, contact center agents might find it scary or uncomfortable to see their productivity stats on the wallboard where everyone can view them.
However, it is a helpful tool to motivate agents to stay focused and maintain high productivity levels. It is one of the best way out of many ways to motivate call center agents.
Admins can show only the best 3 to 5 productive agents on the wallboard to avoid “calling out” low performers. This keeps competition friendly and allows managers to address lower agent performance privately.
3. Monitor all metrics in a single location
Call center managers can see all important metrics on one unified wallboard. There is no need to switch between many tools and dashboards.
This saves time, keeps track of how the call center is doing and helps call center managers make better decisions and run things more smoothly.
4. Call Center Gamification
Call center gamification includes game-like elements, such as competitions, rewards, and achievements in the call center environment. It helps to empower agents and improve agent performance.
It also uplifts teamwork and collaboration as agents work together to earn rewards and recognition. When you integrate gamification in the contact center through wallboards, it can lead to increased agent productivity, improved morale, and better customer service.
5. Increase Overall Productivity
These digital wallboards help to increase overall agent productivity and provide valuable insights for performance management. It gives your managers a birds-eye view of everything happening with your entire team and improves decision-making processes.📈
Additionally, the public display of key metrics encourages healthy competition among agents. It leads them to strive for excellence.
What Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) metrics are displayed on the Contact Center Wallboard?
Here are the vital Key Performance Indicators(KPIs) metrics:
- Call Volume: The total number of incoming calls received by the call center over a specific time. It is usually shown as a number or graph.
- Average Handling Time: The average time each agent takes to solve the tickets they’re given. It is a useful way to see how quickly different agents work.
- First Contact Resolution Rate: The percentage of incoming tickets resolved on the first try without requiring additional calls.
- Customer Satisfaction Scores: How do customers rate their experience at the end of the call? You can use surveys to find out if they were happy with the service they received.
- Call Abandonment Rate: The total quantity of calls that ended before being answered by an agent.
- Sales Performance: The total number of sales conducted by individual agents through phone interactions.
- Average Wait Time: The average time it takes for a call to be picked up by an agent.
- Call Queuing: The number of calls in progress, agents actively logged in, and calls that have been answered within defined call groups.
- Inbound-Outbound Call Ratio: The comparison between the quantity of incoming calls received and the quantity of outgoing calls made.
- Real-time Alerts: Alerts for specific events, such as exceptionally long wait times or sudden spikes in call volume.
- Service Level: Measures the percentage of calls that are answered within a certain timeframe. It reflects the efficiency and responsiveness of a call center in handling incoming calls.
7 Best Call Center Wallboard Software Providers in 2024
|User-friendly Web and Mobile Interface, Track Agent Activities, Service Level, Inclusion of crucial KPIs metrics, Call Distribution Charts, Real-time Alert and Receive Notifications, Scale in Workloads
|Starts at $15/user/year
Gamification Widgets, Live leaderboard displaying the number of calls handled, Highly Customized Reports, Create and share performance scorecards
|Starts at $135/user/month
|Unified and Flexible Layouts, Many Historical report templates, Build Real-time Alerts & Notifications, User-friendly Web-based Interface, Home office wallboards
|Starts at $149/user/month
|Customized templates and Dashboard Analytics, Real-time Insights, Gamification Widgets, Scale with Workloads, Quantify the activity of agents in real-time
|Starts at $65/user/month
Alert Notification, Agent Summary, Personalized layout for several use cases, Wallboard Cycling, Queue Length
|Starts at $75/user/month
|Track Real-time and Historical Metrics, Set Threshold-Based Alerting, Data Collaborator, Dynamic Content and Interactive Experience, Scrolling Marquee
|Contact Sales Team
Library of pre-built dashboards, Real-time Alerts, Create a Customized Dashboard with just a few clicks, Display relevant metrics clearly on any screen, Agent Monitoring and Live API
|Starts at $75/user/month
KrispCall is one of the best call center wallboard software as it provides real-time insights into call center performance in a single dashboard.
It also includes several metrics like call volume, wait times, agent availability, inbound and outbound calls, service levels, most busy hours, calls per hour, the average time in queue, top performers, create command center and call distributions.
Contact Center Managers can make informed decisions from these metrics. It helps to optimize call center operations and improve customer service. It also allows user to customize their dashboard displays to their specific needs.
You can also easily add and remove thousands of contact center agents, manage their phone numbers, and see how many calls and more—all from your online unified dashboard.
There is also an availability of API that automatically turns off call recording when sensitive information, like a credit card, is being discussed for security purposes.
KrispCall sets itself apart from other competitors with its user-friendly interface and easy setup process. It is also integrated with other contact center tools and platforms like HubSpot, PipeDrive, Zapier, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Pabbly Connect, and many more.
- User-friendly Web and Mobile Interface
- Track Agent Activities
- Service Level
- Inclusion of crucial KPIs metrics
- Call Distribution Charts
- Real-time Alert and Receive Notifications
- Scale in Workloads
- Information about total calls, missed calls, active calls, answered calls and abandoned calls.
|Contact Sales Team
2. NICE CXone
NICE CXone is another omnichannel contact center solution used by many customers around the globe to deliver excellent customer experiences and call center workforce management.
Its wallboard solution provides a quick visual overview of call center performance and manages several KPIs onto a single interface.
You can attach several pieces of information to your wallboard like the agent leaderboard, current agent status, gamification features, Youtube videos, new hire spotlights, employee birthdays, custom company messages, and awards and achievements of team members.
- Gamification Widgets
- Live leaderboard displaying the number of calls handled
- Highly Customized Reports
- Create and share performance scorecards
|Plan for Orchestration, Optimization and Analytics
Five9 is another popular call center software that provides robust wallboard features. Five9 and 2Ring are partnered together to create an easy-to-use reporting solution that can send data from your Five9 cloud account to 2Ring’s Dashboards & Wallboards.
It helps you track key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics that can be customized to your preferences.
Five 9 contact center solution is on our list because you can build layouts using more than 220+ available metrics, use grids or tables for displaying statistics of agents, be mobile-friendly, create multiple business units, and also include social media feeds, stock data, pictures, PDF files, Youtube Videos and more.
- Unified and Flexible Layouts
- Many Historical report templates
- Build Real-time Alerts & Notifications
- User-friendly Web-based Interface
- Home office wallboards
|Premium (Digital + voice)
|Optimum (Digital + voice + WEM)
|Ultimate (Digital + voice + WEM + Analytics)
LiveVox provides highly customized wallboards where you can access actionable insights into your contact center operations and KPIs all in one location.
You can also build visual alerts that notify your agents and managers when critical thresholds are exceeded.
LiveVox is one the best omnichannel contact center software wallboards due to its advanced features, high scalability, monitoring call flow in call centers across multiple channels and locations, and awards system for employees. These factors help to increase call center productivity.
- Customized templates and Dashboard Analytics
- Real-time Insights
- Gamification Widgets
- Scale with Workloads
- Quantify the activity of agents in real-time
Genesys wallboards are the perfect dashboards to display real-time reports where you can monitor the work of your contact center agents and managers. They are used by sales teams, call centers, personal use, and omnichannel contact centers.
It can broadcast information on a big screen and use Text, IFrame, or KPI widgets on your wallboards.
- Alert Notification
- Agent Summary
- Personalized layout for several use cases
- Wallboard Cycling
- Queue Length
|Genesys Cloud 1 (Voice)
|Genesys Cloud 2 (Digital)
|Genesys Cloud 2 (Digital and Voice)
|Genesys Cloud 3 (Digital + WEM)
|Genesys Cloud 3 (Digital + WEM + Voice)
Geomant Wallboard is the leading real-time and contact center performance management solution for agent computers, workforce management, and contact center wallboards.
It helps to enhance call center efficiency, optimize your workforce, and deliver an outstanding customer experience. It is easy to use for all display types like overhead screens, home agents, mobile, and management dashboards.
- Track Real-time and Historical Metrics
- Set Threshold-Based Alerting
- Data Collaborator
- Dynamic Content and Interactive Experience
- Scrolling Marquee
💰Pricing: Contact Sales Team
7. Talk Desk
Talk Desk is another renowned and top-rated contact center software that provides impressive wallboard features.
Its real-time dashboard helps to analyze the customer journey and experience data and gain valuable insights into CX analytics.
From Talk Desk call center wallboard software, you can accurately monitor the contact center’s operations, make better-informed and timely decisions to optimize contact center performance, analyze customer behavior, and boost morale of teams to deliver excellent customer experiences.
- Library of pre-built dashboards
- Real-time Alerts
- Create a Customized Dashboard with just a few clicks
- Display relevant metrics clearly on any screen
- Agent Monitoring and Live API
|CX Cloud Essentials
|CX Cloud Elevate
|CX Cloud Elite
How to Effectively Implement Wallboard Feature in Your Call Center?
Wallboard can be effectively implemented in your contact center with proper and careful planning and execution. Here are some ways:
- Find out Key Metrics: Start by finding out the key metrics that are most vital to your call center’s performance. It involves call abandonment rate, first call resolution, average handle time, and service level, among others.
- Select Wallboard Software Provider: Select a wallboard software provider like KrispCall that enables you to track key metrics in real-time for informed decisions.
- Personalize Your Wallboard: Customize your wallboard to show the chosen key metrics. You can also personalize the colors, layouts, and alerts according to your contact center needs. Don’t include too much information. You can choose fonts that are easily readable from a distance and use highly contrasting colors.
- Consider layout carefully: Present data and statistics in a clear format for easy navigation. For instance, metrics about calls in the queue could be placed alongside abandoned call costs and calls terminated while on hold.
- Regularly Review and Update: Your contact center’s needs may change over time. You need to regularly check the metrics on your wallboard and update them as needed to ensure they are still effective for your contact center.
A Call Center Wallboard is a crucial tool for call centers as it provides real-time insights and metrics to boost performance and efficiency. It turns performance metrics into a game that makes work more engaging.
It also empowers managers to make wise decisions and boost healthy competition among agents by displaying key KPIs metrics such as agent availability, call volume, and customer satisfaction scores.
KrispCall is the best call center wallboard software on the list that offers comprehensive solutions to optimize call center operations, improve overall productivity, and improve customer experience with customizable featured wallboard and integration capabilities.
When is the perfect time to implement a wallboard solution in a call center?
The perfect time to implement a wallboard solution in a call center is when:
- You’re leading a team of agents that’s expanding.
- The contact center is experiencing inefficiencies or performance issues.
- KPIs that go against best practices.
- You have realized that your agents are struggling with the high volume of contacts coming in through various channels.
- You are getting complaints from customers.
What should not be included on a Wallboard?
The following things should not be included on a wallboard:
- Too many metrics at one time.
- KPIs metrics that go against best practices.
- Negative Feedback
- Low-visibility Information
What are the key factors to consider when choosing a call center software wallboard?
The key factors to consider when choosing a call center wallboard software are:
- User-friendly Web and Mobile Interface
- Customization Options
- Integration Capabilities
- Reporting and Analytic Features
- Security and Compliance