Best Group Texting Apps for Business (Android & iPhone)
- Last Updated: 14 Feb 24
- 9 min read
Are you having trouble navigating group chats😔?
Need a group text messaging app that fits your specific business needs and priorities?
For a business owner, effective communication is key, but traditional messaging apps lack the features that your modern business needs.
Worry less😀! Group text messaging apps have emerged as a ray of hope.
In this blog, we will explore what a group texting app is, its benefits, what top group text message apps are, and as a bonus tips to choose the best option to meet your unique needs.
🔑 Key Points
- We compared features, considered top customer reviews, and compiled a list of the 10 best group text messaging apps.
- KrispCall is recommended as the best group conversation app offering top features like voicemail, voicemail to email, and scalability.
- Slick Text is one of the versatile messaging apps that helps businesses connect with customers through powerful and targeted campaigns.
- WhatsApp is a free best group texting app with its user-friendly interface and cross-platform functionality.
- Must check prices, book free demos, try the free trial, and look at customer reviews and long-term support before choosing the best app.
What is a group texting app?
A group texting app is a software application designed to simplify communication with multiple people at once through text messages. Unlike normal text messages, which can be sent only to one recipient or a limited number of people, this type of message can reach a large number of recipients at once.
Group text messaging apps are popular for both professional and personal use. However, companies and business owners are taking more advantage such as bulk messages sent to the teams or clients, marketing campaigns, and customer services from group text message apps.
For Example: Before group messaging apps business owners were struggling to send emails, texts, and voicemails to team members. Missed calls and unanswered messages developed frustration among business owners hindering collaboration and progress.
Afterward, group messaging apps helped those business owners by providing them with well-organized chats, teams accelerated communication and assigned tasks. Group messaging apps hence enhanced business operations, leaving chaos behind.
What are the benefits of group texting messaging apps?
There are various benefits of group texting apps that help business owners including:
- Enhanced communication: Help to enhance and transform traditional communication methods, by offering a platform that allows team members to share information, ideas, and updates instantly It also improves the team’s overall efficiency and productivity.
- Customizable campaigns: Group messaging apps let you reach a large group of people and enable marketing and communication using the concept of customizable campaigns. Business owners can adjust their strategies to a range of customers. The flexibility of this system allows you to create campaigns that are relevant and effective.
- Increased Productivity: Teams and organizations become more productive when group messaging apps are used. They simplify file sharing and task performance by providing a centralized platform that reduces waiting time. Also, the users may take less time
- Improved Collaboration and Coordination: It improves coordination and collaboration within teams and organizations. Team members can easily share ideas, updates, and feedback leading the team to collaborative decision-making. This improved collaboration enhances overall team performance by creating an interconnected working environment.
10 Best Group Texting Apps for Business in 2024
In the present context, the availability of group chat apps is large. It is therefore not easy to choose the right one.
To help you pick the best one, here is a list of the top 10 group text messaging apps characterized by their features, pricing, and limitations.
|Starts at $15/month
|Shared phone numbers, unified callbox, voicemail transcription, integrations with CRM systems
|Starts at $20/month
|Contact management, message scheduling, user-friendly interface
|Contact Sales Team
|SMS automation, mass text messaging
|Starts at $26/month
|Contact management, schedule messages, auto-reply texts
|Starts at $30/month
|Voicemail to email, integration available
|Contact Sales Team
|User-friendly, texting campaigns, email to SMS
|Starts at $59.97/month
|User-friendly, unified callbox, conversation management
|User-friendly interface, cross-platform functionalities
|Easy to set up and add people, can be used by large of people
|All in one platform, payment integration
KrispCall is one of the best group chat apps. Its seamless group chat feature lets collaborate effortlessly with team members across devices, share files instantly, and assign tasks within the chat for maximum efficiency.
It offers various advanced features including shared phone numbers, a unified callbox, and voicemail transcription, making it a great tool for enhancing customer relationships and team communication in a business environment.
- Voicemail: Never miss a message even if you are unavailable
- Voicemail to emails: Access and manage voicemail messages from the convenience of your mailbox
- Scalability: Adapt resources up or down as your needs
- Text messages: Communicate directly, instantly, and conveniently
- Unified Callbox: One convenient place to communicate effortlessly and instantly with your teams and customers
|$ 15 per user per month
|$ 40 per user per month
- Its usage requires a stable internet connection
- Sometimes mobile app performance issues
What our customers are saying?
Good choice if you travel a lot. Could connect with my team easily from mobile phone. Also some features are great for if you share clients and contacts. You get to see what’s happening with your clients in the app and work together with your team to get clients onboard.Amanda Wong, Independent Consultant
If you are curious about how KrispCall works, you can Book a free demo.
2. EZ Texting
EZ Texting is another pick-up for group messaging. With its simplified platform, you can send messages to a large group of people and help to improve mass communication operations.
Its top features like contact management, message scheduling, and adjustable templates make it easier to communicate effectively. Creating and managing group messages is made simple by the app’s simple design.
- User-friendly interface
- Contact management
- Textable number options
- Text messaging tools
Upto 500 contacts
- Pricing is high compared to other platforms
- Lack of customer support
- This setup is not suitable for recurring messages
3. Slick Text
Slick Text can be considered as another option for group messaging apps. It is one of the versatile messaging apps that helps businesses connect with their customers through powerful and targeted campaigns.
It lets companies use analytics tools that let to track campaign performance and engagement metrics that help in the improvement of upcoming messaging campaigns. Its advanced features like customizable keywords and automated responses let users tailor their messages to specific audiences.
- SMS automation
- Mass text messaging
- Business text messaging
Contact Sales Team
- Setup is complicated
- Not user-friendly
- Slow compared to other platforms
Business marketers can streamline text message marketing campaigns using Textedly, a trusted group texting app. With user-friendly features, it simplifies the process of sending mass text messages to the selected group of people.
Availability of features like contact management, message personalization, and scheduled messaging, allows business to enhance their communication strategies.
- Mass group texting
- Schedule a text
- Auto reply texts
- Picture messaging
Contact Sales Team
- Cancelling a subscription is tough
- The registration process is confusing and tough
- A mobile website is difficult to use
The next group texting app is RingCentral offering a wide range of communication services like video conferencing, voice calls, and team collaboration that extends beyond just a text message.
This platform lets users send direct group messages, and share files instantly. Availability of integration feature, it lets you integrate with other communication tools and is a versatile option for businesses seeking a unified system.
- Easy to set up and use
- Integration is available to numerous tools
- Voicemail to email
|$ 30 per month per user
|$ 35 per month per user
|$ 45 per user per month
- Lack of customer support
- Without an upgrade, internet faxing is not available
- At the lowest plan, video conferencing is unavailable
Sakari is one of the leading group chat apps that focuses on business texting solutions. This platform allows companies to send a group message, personalized texts, and automated campaigns making it a useful tool for internal team messaging, marketing, and customer communication.
Its dedication to business texting makes it a valuable tool for organizations looking for a feature-rich and user-friendly platform to improve their communication services.
- Mass texting service
- Texting campaigns
- Landline text messaging
- Email to SMS
Contact Sales Team
- Mobile App issue
- Technical issue
Textline is one of the best group text apps designed to streamline communication between businesses and customers through text messaging. It allows businesses to engage with their customers in one-on-one conversations by offering two-way communication.
Popularly known for its simplicity and user-friendly interface, Textline enables businesses to manage group texts, assign tasks to the entire team members, and manage a centralized communication hub.
- Unified inbox
- Conversation management
- Lacks internal SMS functionality
- Mass texting campaigns are not good
- There are not many standout features included in the limited pricing tier
WhatsApp is the best free group messaging app that is changing communication services worldwide. Its user-friendly interface and cross-platform functionality let users easily participate in group chats, share a group text message, and make and receive video calls and voice messages.
Its end-to-end encryption ensures security and privacy and makes it one of the trusted platforms for personal and business communication.
- End-to-end encryption and privacy controls
- Messages, voice, and video calls free around the world
- User-friendly interface
- No ads and cost-free
- Phone number is compulsory for access to other users
- File size limitations
- Limited platform support
GroupMe is a free group messaging app that enhances business communication and coordination among users. It is popular for being user-friendly and accessible and allows users to create and participate in group chats. It is also an ideal platform for friends, family, or colleagues to stay connected.
With features like customizable emojis, event planning tools, and an option to like selected messages, GroupMe enhances users’ experience, adding a playful and social element to group conversations.
- Can be used by large group size of people
- Users without the app can still view messages through Weblink
- Easy to set up and add people
- No end-to-end encryption
- Limited features
- Not effective for individual chats
One of the best free group messaging apps is WeChat with its multifunctional messaging features. It is famous not only for personal communication but also for business interactions as it serves as a platform for e-commerce, content sharing, and various third-party applications.
By offering various advanced features like voice and video calls, a social media timeline, and integrated payment services, WeChat goes beyond traditional messages.
- All-in-one platform
- Payment integration
- End-to-end encryption
- Limited global reach
- Language barrier
- The presence of backdoors that allow third parties to read the messages you send and receive
Tips for choosing the best group text messaging apps
Choosing the best group message apps depends on various factors looking your business needs.
To help you pick the best one, here is a set of criteria that you can go through while picking the best one.
- User-friendly interface: Always check the interface of any app, ensuring ease of use and accessibility of members. The interface of the app includes clear menus, intuitive navigation, and simple customization that fosters efficient communication and collaboration within the group.
- Scalability: Scalability is another factor to be considered when choosing a group text messaging app. With the increasing volumes of users and messages, a group text messaging app must be able to handle the capacity.
- Multimedia support: The next crucial aspect of a group text messaging app is multimedia support, enhancing business communication by allowing users to share a variety of media beyond messages. Some of the features include the sharing of images, videos, documents, and other multimedia content to enhance the overall user experience.
- Security features: The most important factor to be considered when choosing a group text messaging app is its security features ensuring it safeguards the confidentiality and integrity of shared information.
- Cost and Value: Cost and value considerations are crucial factors when selecting a group messaging app. Some apps may be free versions with basic features that may not match your increasing business needs, however, some have subscription plans that provide advanced functionalities. It’s important to evaluate the cost structure concerning the value the app provides for your specific business needs.
There are plenty of group message apps in today’s fast-paced business world that offer users a wide range of features to enhance business communication. However, picking the ideal group message apps can be overwhelming. So, always understand your unique business needs and priorities including key features, pricing structures, and ease of use.
Based on a review of the above group conversation apps, KrispCall is the recommended option that can meet your unique requirements at an affordable price.
Why are you waiting? Let’s try 😀 a KrispCall free demo.
1. What is the difference between group text and mass text?
All the difference between group text and mass text is listed below:
|Message is sent to a predefined group of contacts simultaneously.
|The same message is sent to a large number of recipients simultaneously.
|It involves creating a group from your phone’s address book that is sent individually.
|This is done through messaging services or software that allows bulk messaging.
|Replies to the message are visible to the entire group.
|Replies are often seen only by the sender.
2. What is the best app for group messaging?
The best app for group messaging is KrispCall as it offers a wide range of features at an affordable price.
3. What is the limit on group text?
The limit on group text depends on your mobile device and carrier.
4. What is the best free group conversation app?
The best free group conversation app is WhatsApp as it offers free text messaging, voice over IP, and video calling and lets business owners connect with customers via group chats.